turbo to choose? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Turbo's Stock and Aftermarket. Place for all your turbo questions

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 04:40 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

turbo to choose?

I cant make up my mind I. I want it to be streetable and able tow well when i pull..I was sold on the GT4202 but cant get it with a billet wheel i can but costs tons. So I was looking at going with a s475 or the s480 both with the bat wheel. if you need to know what the truck will have its in my sig..or shoiuld I just go with the gt4202 with out the billet wheel. shooting for 1000+hp on this build. need to have my mind made up on monday. or does anyone know who i can call to talk to on this matter that I could even order it from?
2011 LML ecm converted to lmm 4x4 CCD Socal stroker kit, bored .040 for the 437ci, triple 366 turbos, triple 44mm trial liquid cooled wast gates, Leash boost controller, full NOS system, PPE mans, up pipes, CP3, 150over injectors, 5" exhaust, 250Fass lift pump, EFI live, Focal K2s all around two JL 13" PS2 flip down in back, dual CP3 custom built tran thanks to the help and savings from Tim Heckler Ballies, Sam at Southern Style Diesel, Mark at Danville, Tony at All season, Guy at Socal, Mike L, and all the people on the df
DmaxMonster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 04:42 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

I don't think those big chargers tow well. I could be wrong but I thought I've read that on here before.
20" xd wheels 265/60/20 Goodyear wranglers 5" turbo back exhaust EFI live tuning by Ridge Runner diesel Fass titanium 95gph Alligator performance resonator plug Edge CTS Insight ATS Co-pilot PPE deep trans pan Alligator performance tranny cooler lines Garret 4094avnt Pro-fab downpipe

http://performancetruckproducts.com/
Duramax19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 04:52 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

I'm not big into this huge horsepower stuff so maybe I'm wrong but why not go with twins?
MHDMAX66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 05:14 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

how much weight and how often?
Garrett 4202.
PPE Dual Fueler.
RDL Manifold, up pipes.
Tie rod sleeves, Straight Centerlink and braces.
B-Weir is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 06:36 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Weir View Post
how much weight and how often?
sled at a sled pull maybe 3-5 pulls a year. my boring machine 12 times a year 15k
2011 LML ecm converted to lmm 4x4 CCD Socal stroker kit, bored .040 for the 437ci, triple 366 turbos, triple 44mm trial liquid cooled wast gates, Leash boost controller, full NOS system, PPE mans, up pipes, CP3, 150over injectors, 5" exhaust, 250Fass lift pump, EFI live, Focal K2s all around two JL 13" PS2 flip down in back, dual CP3 custom built tran thanks to the help and savings from Tim Heckler Ballies, Sam at Southern Style Diesel, Mark at Danville, Tony at All season, Guy at Socal, Mike L, and all the people on the df
Old 01-06-2013, 08:18 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

I dont get why the big charges cant tow but can pull sleds. I am trying to learn more on turbos..I am leaning more towards the 480with a 83mm wheel with a .9 a/r.. I think it will spool well with my stage2 heads, bore and, stroke...Any help? or ideas?
I plan on twining it winter. But if it can get 1000+hp I my wait till i need to freshen up the lower end..

Last edited by DmaxMonster; 01-06-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:36 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

get some good twins!
chippymiller49 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 08:56 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Because you arent pulling a sled up over a pass for an hour...

Big Thanks To Adrenaline Truck Performance, Alligator Diesel PerformanceSocal Diesel and Lincoln Diesel Specialties
Thebiggids is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 08:58 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebiggids View Post
Because you arent pulling a sled up over a pass for an hour...
And at 5000 rpm lol
Garrett 4202.
PPE Dual Fueler.
RDL Manifold, up pipes.
Tie rod sleeves, Straight Centerlink and braces.
B-Weir is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 09:01 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

I can see your point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.