Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

72mm on the way

11K views 78 replies 21 participants last post by  blackout d-max 
#1 ·
Well after a year or so of tring to decide. i finally pulled the trigger today. First i want to thank dustin at atp for hooking me up and putting up with my phone calls & questions. Also these guys are one of the best in the business and customer service is second to none. I ordered a danville 72, profab tow flows, down pipe, lml manifold, and a bt lockup box. Cant wait to get it installed. I will try to do some pics and vids along the way. Lets see how long it will go before there is a built engine thread. Anyone with the same setup please post what u think of your setup. I know i will be happy. Again props to dustin and cant wait for the first test fly.:drink

#5 · (Edited)
#6 · (Edited)
Thanks to mark,ben,rick and rob. Things these guys put into the diesel world is crazy. The time these guys put into r&d should never go over looked.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#12 · (Edited)
I went between the 475 twin setup, 366, 472and the vgt 72 for over a year. Finally just said going with the 72 vgt and picked up the phone. Placed the order. Just keep researching and decide what u really want.

#14 ·

Attachments

#17 ·
#19 · (Edited)
^^^ Sweet!!!!! I cant wait to get it on the truck. I got so much to do. It will probably be toward the end of July before i get it in. Going to try and get my intercooler and lockup box in this weekend or next. Im sure i made a good decision going with the 72. Thanks for posting.

#21 ·

Attachments

#23 ·
It will be on there by first weekend in august. Going to the beach and when i get back its going in. Got to put a trans in a 7.3 too. Got a couple extra sets of hands. So it should go quick. I would like to put it on this weekend. Just to much going on.

#26 ·
I'm looking at the same up pipes. Let us know how well they fit and please post pics!!

#32 ·
#31 ·
#38 ·
Got the bt lockup box on and got to try it out today. I really like the auto mode. It makes a difference for sure.

#39 ·
Been throwing around the idea of switching my DP 2.5 Stg 2 turbo out for a DP 72mm 4094vvt when i have mine out to put in the 12mm Exergy cp3 pump. Let us know how she run's?

#41 ·
I will let u know. Going to start on it all Friday evening. Hope to get it done this weekend. Glow plugs in right bank, uppipes, downpipe, left side manifold, boost ,drive pressure and egt gauges. Also finally putting the intercooler in. Cant wait to drive it.

#42 ·
Awesome !! Keep up posted !!

#43 ·
Looking to go the same route myself, so will be interested in hearing how things go during the install and first runs.

Jon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.