Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Another install @ SDP

44K views 351 replies 35 participants last post by  blackdeath 
#1 · (Edited)
Got the truck up there yesterday....cold there chatting in front of the shop. I'll have to say Scott is as nice a guy in person as he is here on the forum. Should be picking it up by Thursday with a load of stock parts in the bed.
Driving his truck made me miss my LB7, but mostly I now see what I've missed all these years.....boost! Water/meth and tons of fuel is fun, but it's clear there is nothing better than more air....soon I will have some of my own.
Pics and vids to follow.

#3 ·
Can't wait to take one.....

#4 ·
Congrats man. I take it you are geting one of the twin kits. I just ordered mine last monday so im about 6 weeks away from mine i mite die of anticipation lol.

#5 ·
I am, and I know what you mean about anticipation. Scott is installing the twins with upgraded billet wheel and a Banks cooler as well.

#6 ·
Nice i opted not to do the billet wheel due to the fact i am spent out. I will be installing 45% over injectors, RDL manifolds/Uppipes, EFI by Rob, and Scotts twin kit all at the same time i cant waite.

There will be a thread with my whole makeover on here when i start which hopefully will be next weekend with the removal of my lift. Got cognito trac bars and 2" drop shackles for the back. Project Go fast lol :gearjamin

#7 · (Edited)
Yep, that's quite a list. I'll be interested to see what the extra fuel does for you. I'm sure I could use more after all this is done.

#8 ·
Yea what i was told is injectors arent necessary but with them you will get fuel in alot safer window so its a lil safer for the motor.

#10 · (Edited)
Thursday will come soon, but it may be a longer than normal week. I'll have stuff to do in the meantime though as there's a little dyno thing going on this next weekend. Got my interior parts coming back fron the hydrographic coaters soon too that I will get ready to install, so plenty to do to be ready for the event.
I'm stoked too, driving Scotts truck with the bigger single is a teaser. I had my wife hide the key.....

#13 ·
Thats next on my list good luck man

#14 ·
I felt the same way when Kevin was ahead of me.....

#15 ·
subscribed! post up some vids as soon as you get the truck :D

#21 ·
So you will make it out after all? It will give your parents some alone time with the new addition..... :)

#19 ·
I know Scott is working hard to get orders out......after my install is done.:D
Sounds like batches make it to the coaters, and one of those batches will have yours included. Getting closer.....

#22 · (Edited)
Mine will be a candy red/orange color. Having the hot side tube done too.

#29 · (Edited)
After driving Scotts I really noticed the turbo at first, but after a while not so much. I'm sure it will be tolerable either way. has to be....
I'm out.....the more I sleep, the less I wait......

#32 ·
Nothing like the sound of NOS........

#33 ·
Looks like the vids might need to wait a bit. The weather looks to be challenging the day I'm supposed to pick it up. I'll get what I can on the way back, and will get something at the dyno event. Pictures will happen first for sure.

#35 ·
Well......Scott looks to be done tonight, but the weather is less than ideal for sure. They have a ton of snow, and got more today. Now it's supposed to freeze hard, and he planned on getting to my place tomorrow. The roads are clear and wet where I am, but we also get the deep freeze tonight. It's a three plus hour drive in good conditions. So, if the roads allow I will see her tomorrow. Scott says the plumbing looks really nice with the color selected.

#36 ·
come on man get the vids ASAP im living through you for another 4-5 weeks then i will be walking my own twins.

#37 ·
You guys are making me crazy too lol, Scott said mine might get shipped today. Waiting by the door. hahaha!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.