Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Another install @ SDP

44K views 351 replies 35 participants last post by  blackdeath 
#1 · (Edited)
Got the truck up there yesterday....cold there chatting in front of the shop. I'll have to say Scott is as nice a guy in person as he is here on the forum. Should be picking it up by Thursday with a load of stock parts in the bed.
Driving his truck made me miss my LB7, but mostly I now see what I've missed all these years.....boost! Water/meth and tons of fuel is fun, but it's clear there is nothing better than more air....soon I will have some of my own.
Pics and vids to follow.

#135 ·
Time to buy a 0-100 PSI boost gauge.

#140 ·
Looking already....

#137 ·
While you're ordering these parts, I could use a transmission and SDP Compounds myself. Just saying...

#141 ·
Thought someone might like to see a pic of the billet wheel upgrade. Finally got some highway time with the set up, and is very, very smooth. Did not hand calculate yet, but my DIC has always been preety close, and it looks like I can get 22mpg or better if I try. That was running a pretty hot tune too. Can't even hear the turbo much under 15 psi, but my stereo is usually on the loud side though. When you get it up over 20 up to the 60 psi max it sings nicely, but is manageable. So far the upgrade is well wort it to me. Better performance and not too crazy loud in the cab.

Attachments

#143 ·
Runs good too. I'm liking the twins more all the time. Mellow when you want it, and you can nearly soil yourself given the proper conditions when you romp on it. I need to get the caddy to the track! AND it needs to quit raining!!

#144 ·
#145 ·
Oh it really does......

#151 · (Edited)
Diddent mean to sound upset im not at all. You cant rush perfection :drink. It wont do me any good to get the kit for atleast another two weeks as i have the whole top of the motor apart with my own batch of parts at the powdercoater:rockin. The injectors were shipped to exergy engineering monday so theres two weeks untill i get them back. Oh yea and the CP3 is on its way to Danville Performance so theres no need to get the twins and look at them in the shop untill all that is returned and put back on the truck :D

#165 ·
I'll try to get a couple more maybe...but soooo many police around our best stretches of road. I'm heading north this weekend, I'll try to borrow my daughters little Flip camera for the ride.

#167 ·
Hey Dustin. When you get this all done I'm curious to know what your top boost is. I'm waiting on some new gauges as I bump to 60psi pretty quick with this setup. Looks like the billet wheel is making a difference....maybe too much?

#169 ·
Looks like the billet wheel is making a difference....maybe too much?

If you feel like its making to much of a difference ill trade ya + some $$ ;)

Im pretty sure ill see 60+psi of boost also. Just ordered tunes and have the other boost gauge (60psi) here just waitin on some paint.

#168 ·
Oh....and I couldn't snag the camera. You will know for yourself soon enough what it's like anyway....

#170 ·
Might want to swap for the 100psi. My 60 psi gauge hits the stops before max throttle right now.

#172 ·
I bet.....

#174 ·
I think pics are more important than pics and vids. Your teacher will understand.

#179 ·
U have two options, either run one battery( that's what Dustin did) or u can relocate it to the passenger frame rail

#182 ·
Yup, Scotts kit comes with a nice GM Battery Frame Tray, installing it's real easy.

#183 ·
I'm thinking of moving mine. I have yellow tops, and I'll have to look when I get home, but I think mine hangs down a bit more. At the very least I'll paint a bit to blend better. Big gray battery is very noticable from the side.

Damn....fast install man....isn't it great?!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.