Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Another install @ SDP

44K views 351 replies 35 participants last post by  blackdeath 
#1 · (Edited)
Got the truck up there yesterday....cold there chatting in front of the shop. I'll have to say Scott is as nice a guy in person as he is here on the forum. Should be picking it up by Thursday with a load of stock parts in the bed.
Driving his truck made me miss my LB7, but mostly I now see what I've missed all these years.....boost! Water/meth and tons of fuel is fun, but it's clear there is nothing better than more air....soon I will have some of my own.
Pics and vids to follow.

#212 ·
All these videos are getting me excited. Right now we are looking at a new house, but it almost seems like I can still get the house AND a set of custom built twins...I just have to wait to hear from our buyer to move forward.

#213 ·
New house first for sure....but if possible these compounds are sooooo nice.

#220 ·
I have an e-mail into Rob about the MAF I sent Friday I think. I will have my drive pressure gauge in today, just tapped the manifold last night, so now I'll know what it is reading. The billet wheel might be the reason I get so much boost, and maybe it's too much? Also still looking into the smoke at cold idle, I now know it's not coming from the turbos anyway.
You guys running mechanical gauges?

#230 ·
Correct me if I"m wrong, but shouldn't twins almost double the boost you see? I can see 30+ PSI with my stocker on a max effort tune easily. And isn't 60PSI the "breaking point" for stock gaskets?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.