factory turbo - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Turbo's Stock and Aftermarket. Place for all your turbo questions

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2008, 11:04 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
STOCK SUCKS
Supporting Member

factory turbo

what are your limits with a factory turbo? how do you know when its time to go bigger?
'06 chevy 2500hd duramax, 8" fabtech lift, Kryptonite center link and tie rods, Cognito braces, Fox shocks, Fab Tech trac bars, 24" Akuza rims, 38" Kuhmos (STOLEN) 20" Moto Metals, 37" Nitto Mud Grapplers (winter), 4:29 gears, Danville 68mm VV turbo, 75mm Borg Waner twin, EFI Live by Duramaxtuner, Air dog lift pump, PPE dual fueler, FPRV shim, 60% over injectors, Mahale pistions 0.020 over, Carrillo rods, ARP main and head studs, stage 4 trans by PATC, upgraded transfer case by MA, Profab manifolds and up pipes, straight piped stacks

'05 chevy 3500 duramax dually

'87 chevy 1 ton dually, welding rig
countryredneck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2008, 11:20 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

well the lly and lbz turbos can run up in the 40's but thats not reallt safe to run them there. you can run them in 35 range and be pretty safe. if you really wnat to push some more boost go with a bd or ats turbo, thats mine plan when i get the money
03 EC/LB LB7: EFI LIVE, S&B intake, 5" DE, ATS manifolds and up pipes, Stock turbo (for 1 more weeks), airdog 150, pieced together trans, sleeve (trac bars and centerlink soon), 8" rear air bags-overload springs+2" blocks, bilstein 5100 shocks, leveled, nitto 285/75/17's and BFG KM2 255/85/16's for winter.
timespentsearching is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2008, 11:32 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
STOCK SUCKS
Supporting Member

im around there for boost as well. i'm like a little more after i do a few things, jus wanna know when its time
'06 chevy 2500hd duramax, 8" fabtech lift, Kryptonite center link and tie rods, Cognito braces, Fox shocks, Fab Tech trac bars, 24" Akuza rims, 38" Kuhmos (STOLEN) 20" Moto Metals, 37" Nitto Mud Grapplers (winter), 4:29 gears, Danville 68mm VV turbo, 75mm Borg Waner twin, EFI Live by Duramaxtuner, Air dog lift pump, PPE dual fueler, FPRV shim, 60% over injectors, Mahale pistions 0.020 over, Carrillo rods, ARP main and head studs, stage 4 trans by PATC, upgraded transfer case by MA, Profab manifolds and up pipes, straight piped stacks

Old 09-18-2008, 11:38 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryredneck View Post
im around there for boost as well. i'm like a little more after i do a few things, jus wanna know when its time
well i mean you can run higher but turbo longevity will be compromised. biggest thing about aftermakret turbo is even if they are only running aobut the same boost as you where before the turbo itself is larger hence meaning more air at same boost. most you can run higher then stock though
03 EC/LB LB7: EFI LIVE, S&B intake, 5" DE, ATS manifolds and up pipes, Stock turbo (for 1 more weeks), airdog 150, pieced together trans, sleeve (trac bars and centerlink soon), 8" rear air bags-overload springs+2" blocks, bilstein 5100 shocks, leveled, nitto 285/75/17's and BFG KM2 255/85/16's for winter.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:43 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
STOCK SUCKS
Supporting Member

ya i'm not looking for anymore then 40 pound of boost, just dont wanna kill my factory turbo, ever

Old 09-18-2008, 11:46 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
812-344-4421

Like said before the aftermarket turbo are going to be more in there efficeincy range where the factory turbo is being overworked, at the 35 psi.

Tyler
Meyerperformance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2008, 11:52 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

ya aurora 3000 or bd super max turbo's are relaly the best replacement for more power and real life everyday use. im going to get one of these 2, dont now which one yet
Old 09-18-2008, 11:57 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
STOCK SUCKS
Supporting Member

ya i was thinking bd. i've ordered efi live and a lift pump now and just figured a turbo and a bd manifold would be the next step

Old 09-18-2008, 12:03 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
812-344-4421

Bd is very poular with the dodge crowd but you cant really go wrong with either

Tyler
Meyerperformance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2008, 12:12 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
STOCK SUCKS
Supporting Member

jus looking at the price. i dont wanna go wild, just more then factory. cheetah seems to have some decent ones too from what i read

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.