09 LMM leveled with 20s on 35s - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Wheels & Tires Discuss what wheels & tires are right for you.
Sponsored by:

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 09:50 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

09 LMM leveled with 20s on 35s

This is my first thread and so i thought id give some history before i post some pics....well i finally switched over from Ford, I loved my F250. It was a 04 crewcab shortbed 4x4.

My last truck was leveled with 20" XD Monsters on Toyo 35s Loved that truck, looked awesome, but that stupid 6.0 SUCKED. I had some stuff done, and blew the Head Gaskets. After putting ARP studs and egr delete, etc etc etc i decided to sell the truck before it blew up on me.

Now i got an 09 crew cab short bed LTZ with 47k miles. Bought it from original owner, and it was taken care of really well. I decided i wanted the same look so i went with 20" XD misfits, with 35 toyos. I did the Large fender mod, and it worked great. I had to cut some of the plastic in the wheel well. The rims are 0 offset. just thought id post some pics for you guys that want to see what it looks like. the tires are 35x12.50xR20
I got that Gibson 8" exhaust for free, im thinkin it looks a little BIG so i might change it up. Gibson did some test fitting on my truck, so i think ill sport it for awhile. Im gunna do a egr block off, and get rid of DPF and cat. I dont wanna beat this truck up, so ill prolly get a PPE and just run it economy.

Heres the truck stock

Pics of the wheels and tires

When the new body style chevys first came out i HATED them. The wheels wells are HUGE and the stock tires are so tiny. Then i started seeing these trucks lifted, and everyone was putting tiny tires. Once i saw the truck with the wheel wells filled with 35s, i was like WOWWW truck looks bitchenn!

let me know what u guys think...im loving the truck. Just hate the dumb weak front end on these trucks. But every truck has its pros and cons, and id rather deal with the weak front end then a weak motor.

Im also trying to sell the Snugtop tonneau cover. trying to get $850 for it. its in great shape, i just dont need it. im located in Southern california. I doubt it would be worth it to ship. PM me if ur interested.
SchnitzelDmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2012, 09:52 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

PS the truck was super dirty in the pics...i had a real busy week and didnt have time for a wash.

Also im thinkin about painting the bumpers white and painting all the chrome on the grill black. Obviously i plan on taking it to a body shop and having it done the right way.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:54 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
Meyer Performance

Looks killer man. What did you do to level it? Any pics of cv angels?
The life of my truck
Pics of my truck
MBRP, Diamond Eye, EFI live by Kory, FASS, S&B, Autometer, DHD, Magnaflow, ProFab, Banks, Edge, Cognito, Fuel, Nitto

Thanks to Tyler @ www.MeyerPerformance.com 812-344-4421
lutzjk913 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2012, 10:00 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

holy exhaust tip batman.
sweet looking truck man, that is super clean
my "build" thread
Raptor color match thread
ATP Trucks
lddrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2012, 10:00 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

it was just a tortion key level. I think they are cognitos, i got them from my brother in law, he upgraded to a 6" lift.

the CV angels arent horrible, but theyre not perfect. I actually dont even have the bolts maxed out. I lowered it down a few turns so i didnt have horrible ride. I can actually lower the front more, but i like the truck to sit a little higher in the front. Next purchase is cognito UCA to get a little better ride, and obviously im going to get the better tie rods and upgrade the steering components. Still rides pretty good to be honest.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:47 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

im with you hate the huge wheel wells they are huge but with a stupid shape that wont support the size tires that does look good in them
Old 07-16-2012, 04:39 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Man thats awesome!!! Thank you, you just convinced me to do the same. I was on the rocks about 35's,but dam that looks badass!!

2011 GMC 2500HD SLE CC/SB 4x4 __ Insight CTS, Nicktane fuel filter adapter, CAT fuel filter, B&W turn over ball, added tow mirrors with signals, Go Rhino Dominator III nerfs, RDS 60gal fuel tank/toolbox combo, cranked T-bars(stock keys), Zone shock ext, Bilstein 5100's up front, RS5000 stabilizer shock, a little trimming, 35x12.50 Toyo M/Ts on stock 20's!

1993 Toyota pickup sc/sb 4x4__lifted with big bumpers

Shop @ the DMAXstore.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKER View Post
You can never have too much tire, only too much fender.
silver_lml is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2012, 05:12 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
Banned

Lookin goog buddy...
smokinlmm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2012, 05:31 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

Truck looks really nice.

I had my front end levelled with keys and shock extensions for a good amount of miles running 315/70/17's, the ride got pretty bad. I went with a 4" Cognito lift to sort out the ride quality and CV angles. My truck did not like 4WD with the truck levelled due to the bad CV angles, gave off a nice howl.
All Season/Dirty Hooker Diesel Built Trans
EFI Live with DSP5 (tunes by IdahoRob) - AIRDOG II 165
Gauges - EDGE - INSiGHT CTS

Thanks to Tim @ TNE Diesel.
Black 2500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2012, 07:02 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

Looks great man! I don't think the cognito arms will do anything for the feel of your ride unless you get new longer shocks as well. The only thing the arms will do is help correct your ball joint angles
35" procomp EXT ATs
18" XD Spys

Last edited by mcullins91101; 07-16-2012 at 07:07 AM.
mcullins91101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.