Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Clearance and Appearance advice

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Tow Master 
#1 ·
Bringing truck down from 6" to 2-3ish. Going from 35x12.50R17 to 305x50R20 Nitto 420s... Will these wheels clear?

They are 20x10 with - 24 offset, Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Ya Im pretty sure... No problem there with 2in or 3in up

#3 ·
What wheel spacers will I need in the back?

#4 ·
You should have no problem. I think those are only a 32" tire, arent they?
Prob will need a 1.5" or 2" spacers on the back to even it up. I run 1.5's myself.

#5 ·
Thanks! Yes I believe it's right at 32" and I was thinking with that much offset I would probably have to go 2" spacers.

With spacers, is it okay to do hard launches?

Thanks again everyone.

#6 ·
Another option...

What if I went 20x12 fuel octane wheels and 325/50 atz tires?

Attachments

#7 ·
Wanted to go with the other rims because haven't seen them on any Dmax yet but think the wider and deeper is what I'm going to want in the end. 325/50 I think will look sick. Excited when I found out my favorite ATZs come in the size. Only thing that could of been better was 420s

#8 ·
Psh I run -24 on my lowered lbz

#9 · (Edited)
Touché. If I'm coming off of 35x12.50R17 and going 325x50R20 (which I think is about 33x13.50r20) is my performance going to get better or is going wider going to cancel out the drop in height? Hope that makes sense, thanks everyone!

#10 ·
Can't remember what my offset is, but tires are 33x12.50 .... Slight rub but I don't really mind.... No lift, torsion bars just cranked. 2" spacers on the rear from Fred.... Looks nice and matches front well

Attachments

#11 ·
Oh hell ya! They about fit on a stock truck lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.