dually tire rotation question. - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Wheels & Tires Discuss what wheels & tires are right for you.
Sponsored by:

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 11:14 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

dually tire rotation question.

so i painted my stock steels black, but am probably not gunna paint the rear inners. so how do you go about rotating them without me having to put the inners on the outsides? can i just rotate the front to the outside rears and be ok with that?

2005 GMC 2500 LLY Crew cab long bed 4x4..5" diamond eye exhaust and AEM CAI.
2004duramaxLB7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2009, 12:00 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

up to you paint them all or get your tires swapped to the other rims

LMM RIP 10/9/10

maxxflip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2009, 12:10 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004duramaxLB7 View Post
so how do you go about rotating them without me having to put the inners on the outsides?
x2 Break 'em down and move the tire$ to another rim, OR paint both sides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004duramaxLB7 View Post
can i just rotate the front to the outside rears and be ok with that?
That would place the inside out. Rotating dually tires always leaves the dirty insides facing out, followed by a nice cleanup chore.

The dually front tire wear pattern needs a rotate cycle to run them first on the outer and then on the inner to even 'em out and be ready for another go on the front again.
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"

Last edited by Hook'em_Horns!; 03-22-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Hook'em_Horns! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2009, 12:14 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
ROTM STAFF
Lifetime Supporting Member

here's something from my library

TIRE ROTATION:

2005 F-250, CC,SB,PSD, MANUAL TRANNY

Icon 4.5" lift, 41" IROKS, and some other stuff

My Truck Pics

:rockin
TANK'S 250 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2009, 12:24 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

For a 6-tire rotation, I’ve always used a directional pattern of inside rears straight to front, fronts crossed to outside rears and outside rears crossed to inside rears, which are then ready to head straight forward again for the next cycle.
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"

Old 03-22-2009, 02:34 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Hook'em_Horns!;217991]x2 Break 'em down and move the tire$ to another rim, OR paint both sides.

i painted frontside and backside of the front wheels and painted the frontside and backside of the rear outers, so i painted the front and back sides of 4 wheels. i guess ill have to paint the inners too so i can properly rotate tires. its a compicated story to why i ask this...

2005 GMC 2500 LLY Crew cab long bed 4x4..5" diamond eye exhaust and AEM CAI.
2004duramaxLB7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2009, 07:46 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

hook'em, how do the revos hold up under a dually?

Truck
2008 3500HD LMM DRW
Leveled w/ T-bars
B&W turnover ball
Custom dented rear bumper! Looking for a good steel rear if anyone has one up for sale.

http://dmaxstore.com/
Punishher1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2009, 08:53 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

I like ‘em. They’re sticky, very difficult to break traction. Very well made, usually only requiring 0-1oz of weight to balance, and that’s probably just compensating for the wheel alone.

Excellent sidewall support, bank hard into a curve on a flyover ramp with a loaded GN and they bite with no drift or sway. Make a hard sweeping right cut (GN on) on an oily road with just a mist of rain on it and they bite hard with no drift, whether loaded or empty.

You’ll virtually never have the ABS kick in under wet or dry conditions, loaded or empty. I cannot make these hydroplane, regardless of tread depth. Something about the tread design and dual layer compounds change as the tread wears.

I once was caught in a heavy storm on the interstate with a GN in tow, so dark at 2pm it looked like 2AM out. This was a new 8-lane section with excellent drainage; however, the water was so deep that at 48 mph I had a 6’ tall wake on either side. I checked with dispatch for the Radar input and they ran out of colors! Black is 12+ inches per hour. They just won’t break loose.

Old 04-25-2009, 01:09 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
xsivtork
Lifetime Supporting Member

although its not totally correct i have a similar problem. I have an 08 dually and i dont like the dually look of the front rim. So i bought ultra goliath dually rears and regular style goliath front wheels. I took the spacr of the front to accomplish this. truck looks awesome with a 17x9 on the front and dually rears. i run 33 12 50 17 cooper stt. Now i cant rotate front to back so i rotate the front tires side to side very 5k. They are wearing perfect, and the rears are wearing perfect as well. So sisde to side could be another option for you? just a thought
xsivtork is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.