|09-11-2009, 12:08 PM||eBay Motors #1 (permalink)|
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shady Spring, West Virginia
so i got new tires and i relearned the tire pressure like it said to in the book....u know
1. Set parking break
2. Turn ign to on/run with the engine OFF
3. On you remote press the lock and unlock at the same time for aprox 5 seconds. The horn will sound twice to signal the reciever is in learn mode and TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message displayed on the DIC.
If you dont have keyless entry press the DIC button that looks like a check mark. The horn will sound twice to signal the reciever is in learn mode and TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message displayed on the DIC.
4. Start with the driver side front tire.
5. Activate the TPMS sensor by increasing or decreasing the tires air pressure for five seconds, or until a horn chirp sounds. It may take up to 30 seconds to chirp, this confirms the sensor code has been matched to the new tire and wheel position.
6. Next passenger front repeat step 5.
7. Next passenger rear repeat step 5.
8. Next driver side rear repeat step 5. The horn will sound twice to indicate that it is no longer in tire learning mode.
9. Turn ign OFF
And today when i turned my truck on the light was on and said check left and right rear tire pressure!?!?!?!HELP
*Steven:2oo9 CC/SB Z71 Duramax*
EFI Live w/DSP5 by Kory | SDP EGR Delete | Silverline 5in Exhaust w Dual 6in Black Aussies | Magnaflow Downpipe | Edge Insight CtS | 6in Rough Country Suspension Lift | 18in XD Rockstars | 35.12.50 Nitto Mud Grapplers | 2in Rough Country Wheel Spacers | AVS Headlight and Taillight Covers | Limo Tint | Debadged | Carriage Works Black Billet Grille | DDM 6k HiDs | Kryptonite Series HD Tie Rods | Bushwacker Pocket Flares |
|09-11-2009, 12:14 PM||eBay Motors #2 (permalink)|
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Husker Nation
Check you tire pressures, it only tells you to do this if you tire pressures are 10 psi under the set point.
2008 2500HD LTZ CCSB Silver Birch Metallic/Black Leather
EFI Live by Husker Diesel :rockin 436hp/854tq 8/15/09 13.87 @ 97.32 7/10/10
4" turbo back exhaust
Autometer Cobalt Boost and Pyro Gauges
AirdogII, MBRP Intercooler Tube, PCV Re-route, Resonator Plugged, HD Tie Rods, Pitman/Idler Braces, Transgo Jr
www.huskerdiesel.com Husker Diesel - 402-502-6961
|09-11-2009, 12:19 PM||eBay Motors #3 (permalink)|
ATS Diesel Performance
if you checked your pressure and there all good then try to reset it. if it says to check them again then take it to a discount tire. they can reset them for you. it will only take five minutes of your time.
|09-11-2009, 01:06 PM||eBay Motors #4 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sin City
the relearn only sets the TPMS sensors to eachh tire so you know which tire has the psi as it says.
f you get a light or a warning it is cause they are filled below spec. (low pressure) You need to use a tech II to lower the desired pressure to keep the light from coming on.
if the light is coming on and then going away after you drive a bit it is because the tires are cool and low then when they heat up they meet the desired pressure there set for.