Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

New Diesel Power Gear Patriot tire.

23K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  ieetgluu 
#1 ·
Well the diesel power guys decided to create a tire that they say is perfect for the heavy and torquey diesel truck. I was wondering if anyone has a set on their truck or are interested in buying them.

#3 ·
I just watched the promo you posted. Well they definitely show their "MT" tire works good on pavement. They make it out to be a pavement princess show tire not an off-road use tire.

#4 ·
I think i may trade my clean burn EFI tuned LBZ for a 12Valve!!!!......

#6 ·
Lol I'm looking at their 33" tire for the 20. Only has a load rating of 2600. My Toyos have a load rating of 3415lbs.

#12 ·
Yeah let's fly these guys over from Taiwan to make these "all American" tire for us.

#14 ·
I don't understand why 285/75-16 is 880 a set but 285/70-17 is 1240 a set. Virtually the same size tire..

#18 ·
That commercial was terrible.

#20 ·
The bigger joke is that they are all about America and their tires are supposed to very American, yet they make them in Asia somewhere.....Supposedly with "the best rubber in the world". I don't care what materials you use to begin with, if the people making the product suck so will the tire. Same thing with buying very expensive steak and then letting a bad chef cook it for you

#22 ·
Hmmm. Not that I'm defending these guys because it is weird to have this tire called the patriot and made in Tiawian albeit they say an American factory (not sure how that works either). But this seems like the same kind of deal with ford making their powerstorke in Mexico. And I realize this is a Duramax forum, but I see things said everywhere about how these tires being made there sold here with flags and the patriot name and everyone is having a cow about it. But no where do I see people having as big of a problem with the powerstorke being made in Mexico and calling ford truck an American trucks. Seems a lil double standard there if u ask me. Plus ford is still the number one selling truck in America if u listen to their commercial. And yet they have a problem with the Duramax and it's built in Ohio. Go figure that. Do I believe if they changed the name would it be better yes but no one is saying take ford and not call it American car maker anymore. Or any of the "American" car makers for that matter. Not wanting to start anything just find it interesting. The really funny part is I see a lot of ford boys crying about these tires like this but they never say anything about there truck when they say buy American and keep it in America. Interesting to me that's all. If they end up being a good tire well good for these guys only time will tell. Just something I've been thinking about latley.

#23 ·
I do agree with ya, I mean shit. It seems now a days foreign cars have more parts made and assembled in America than these American car manufactures do.

#24 ·
I believe the f150 is what's the number one selling truck. Doesn't have a powerstroke, but probably still made in Mexico

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.