Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Nitto Ridge Grappler | Coming Soon!

176K views 429 replies 88 participants last post by  D_R_C 
#1 · (Edited)
Nitto Ridge Grappler | A Fresh Look on Hybrid Light Truck Tires

Nitto's New Hybrid Light Truck Tire

The Nitto Ridge Grappler combines the aggressive off-road performance of a mud-terrain tire with the on-road comfort of an all-terrain tire. Using its aggressive tread design, tread block stabilizers, and variable pitch tread pattern, the Ridge Grappler delivers excellent traction in mud, sand, and loose gravel and a surprisingly responsive, comfortable highway ride. High load carrying capacities from P-metric up to F-rated options. Whether you drive a daily work truck or an off-road adventure vehicle, the Nitto Ridge Grappler is a great choice.

Nitto Ridge Grappler
UTQG: N/A

Click here for: Nitto Ridge Grappler Availability and Pricing

-KEY FEATURES-

• Variable Pitch Tread Pattern: Advanced sound equipment was used to create a pattern that provides a quiet and smooth highway ride.

• Alternating Shoulder Groovers: Shoulder grooves are arranged in alternating widths and lengths to clear mud and maintain traction. Lateral Z grooves are set in a zig-zag pattern to provide biting edges for traction.

• Dual Sidewall: Like all Grapplers, the Ridge Grappler features two bold sidewall designs. One side features a more traditional pattern while the other side features a new, aggressive block design.

• Reinforced Block Foundation: Adds rigidity to tread blocks to reduce flex.

• Stone Ejectors: Protects the bottom of groove from stone drilling.

• Staggered Should Lugs: Provides traction in off-road environments.

• Edges: The alternating tapered edges and step block edges both provide additional biting edges for more traction.

-MEDIA-

-INSTALLED PHOTOS-

-FUTURE SIZES-

Source: NittoTire

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like a good tire. I just ordered the exo grapplers from you guys yesterday. I will be getting them tomorrow

#16 ·
What are they saying about the compound being chip resistant? I know the Exo AWT say they have a chip resistant compoud. If I run on a lot of gravel roads plus pull a 10,000 lb+ trailer every so often, would I be better going with the AWT's? I like the looks of these better but need them to perform more than look good.

#19 ·
I would be curious to know this as well. Just bought my second set of wheels and tires from store TXH-20. Two months ago got mayhem wheels and nitto g2s. My order came in this week for eagle 059 and nitto exo grapplers for the dually. Can't wait to get them on. Couldn't wait on the ridge grappler but would like to know the pros cons of each
Thank you for the questions, guys.

Both tire models utilize a chip chunk resistant compound, but Nitto recommends the Exo Grappler for HD applications that see a lot of gravel roads.

#17 ·
I would be curious to know this as well. Just bought my second set of wheels and tires from store TXH-20. Two months ago got mayhem wheels and nitto g2s. My order came in this week for eagle 059 and nitto exo grapplers for the dually. Can't wait to get them on. Couldn't wait on the ridge grappler but would like to know the pros cons of each

#20 ·
I just had a set 285/70/17E installed last night and alignment done this morning. First impression is that they look great. Minimal noise, but I can't compare to a mud tire since I have never ran them. They are a firm tire, I'm running 52 psi(Discount tire aired the front to 52psi and 80 psi in rear) in front and 60 psi in the rear and they feel they have 80 psi. I bought these because I wanted a little more bite in mud and snow in the mountains. I think these will do good hauling a load.

Attachments

#23 ·
I was just sitting on the porch having my coffee and was pondering some ideas on which tire pressure combos that I should try. 40 seems low, but I am going to try 50 in the rear first and 50 in front and go from there. Every tire is different. Right now the front has just a little bulge, just about right. Thanks for the suggestions.

#29 ·
Discount, do you have an idea when the 295/60r20 will be available? I'm wanting new tires for when I level my truck. I've been eyeing the Exo Grapplers (either 285/60r20 or 285/65r20, can't decide) but I love the look of the Ridge Grappler and most importantly, the wife likes to look of the Ridge Grappler over the Exo Grappler too.

#30 ·
The 295/60R-20 is in the same boat as the 305/55R-20 unfortunately. Nitto anticipated the release month for August, but has since delayed production and right now there is no firm release date.

If you're in need of tires now, we do have the Exo available in both 285/60R-20 and 285/65R-20; see the links below for current mail order pricing. Let us know if you have any questions on this model.

On a side note... right now you will receive up to 12 months deferred interest if you purchase using Discount Tire credit through CarCareONE; see below for details.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.