Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

2016 on 295/65/20

38K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  longnecksn4x4s 
#1 ·
I am looking into putting some 265/65r20's on my 2016 Duramax.
Has anyone else tried this yet? Truck does have a 2" leveling kit on it. Can I squeeze these under without rubbing? I'm open to suggestions. Thanks in advance.

#4 · (Edited)
295-65-20 toyo at2 extreme... If you go with factory wheels you will rub in the inside frame.. I ended up adding 1 1/2" fred hub centric wheel adapters to make it work . It was also rubbing on my cognito uca... love the new look.. Makes the tire look even bigger

Attachments

#5 ·
Sweet looking truck!

#6 ·
IMG_0023.jpg (67.0 KB)
IMG_0028.jpg (75.4 KB)
IMG_0025.jpg (57.7 KB)
IMG_0006.jpg (79.0 KB)
iphone pic 409.jpg (45.6 KB)
MANAGE ATTACHMENTS
Last picture was before installing the adapters..

Attachments

Reactions: IvanBlock
#10 · (Edited)

Attachments

#13 ·

Attachments

#14 ·
Here is my 2016 Denali on BFG KO2's (275/60R20) with a CCM leveling kit that includes UCAs, diff drop down bracket, indexed keys, and shock extensions.

Attachments

#16 ·
The ride is slightly stiffer...but more truck like. In my opinion, they come way to soft and car like from the factory. The rear suspension is stock, but the ride is better their too due to lowering the tires pressure to 65 psi.

#18 ·
Yes...CCM makes a diff drop down bracket and it was installed on my truck. This eliminates vibration that could be caused by increasing the height. They stated some trucks have this issue, and some don't. But installing this is cheap insurance to make sure the vibration doesn't happen...

CCM is Central Coast Motorsports in San Luis Obispo, CA.

#28 ·
I just put a set of Nitto Terra Grapplers, 295-65-20's on my Denali. It had 35-12.50's on it. One thing that bugs me is that the tires are never as tall as the stated size. My 35-12.50's measured 33 1/2 mounted and I wanted as close to 35 as possible. The 295's measure just at 35 mounted. I also wanted a little narrower footprint, to keep rocks off the rockers. The 295's are 11 3/4 wide. Fit good on my 9" XD rims. Even with my 6" lift, I had to do some trimming and fenderwell repositioning, though. Speedo was off 4 mph (high) after the swap.

Attachments

#29 ·
The above pic was with the 35's on it. Here are the 295's on it.

Attachments

#30 ·
Thanks Northeast Denali for pointed out my typo...as soon as you mentioned Load D vs Load E I knew something was wrong. My tires are 275/65R20...load E rated. I purchased these for the extra weight reasons...and I just kept running with that typo on my original signature. I guess I had too many beers when I "signed" it...ha, ha...Signature fixed.

Attachments

#31 ·
No worries man, E range is really what these trucks need, D will work as long as you aren't towing anything extreme but my understanding is the rubber compound is softer (they will wear faster) and a little more 'squishy' on the sidewall might make for some handling differences.

I have a 2012, where the wheel arches are pretty restrictive on sizes you can run stock. You can get away with a 33" size, stock is 32.5" :|

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.