Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Tire size fitment? 35x12.50r18

4K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Slamking18 
#1 ·
Hi all, new to the forum and recently bought a used Chevy 2500HD. I have a 2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Diesel with a Cognito upper control arm leveling kit (rear is stock height) and Centerline Grizzly 18x9 wheels. The specs of the wheels are 5.25? rear spacing, +6mm offset. I am interested in getting the Toyo Open Country A/T II Extreme 35x12.50r18 tires and want to find out if anyone knew if they will fit without any rubbing or trimming needed. If not, what is the biggest or most recommended size?

If this is a repost, I apologize, but I did not find the exact search I was looking for.

Thanks.

#2 ·
Plenty of threads regarding max tire size of a leveling kit. 5.25" is your backspacing. 35s on a leveling kit = trimming. Most run 33s on a level with minimal trimming depending on tire width, rim specs, etc.

#4 ·
Gonna have to over crank and over trim for 35s. It'll ride like crap. 33s are biggest you should go so you don't have to over crank or over trim

#5 ·
I went with a 305/65/18 with a +18mm offset...level kit, no cranking, no trimming

~the Captain

#6 ·
You do realize 2006 and 2016 are two completely different trucks right...

#12 ·
I'm not sure what the backspacing if you can look up. It's the LML wheels. I wanna say 5.75". I have 1.5" up front and 2" in the back spacers. I did have to trim the front balance a little and get rid of the mudflaps. If I rub it's at full lock and going down at an angle over a bump.

And this is front measurement from ground to fender

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.