Anyone uses Firestone Destination AT? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Wheels & Tires Discuss what wheels & tires are right for you.
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Anyone uses Firestone Destination AT?

Totally impressed with what I saw a set do yesterday in heavy clay mud. 285/75R16 on an 06. He pulled an overloaded dump trailer through my neighbors yard and backed it into place to dump with it two different times. At least 11k lbs total for this 10k trailer. Tires were mashed. Trailer was rutting yard up but he was not spinning at all. I don't think I could have followed him around empty with new T/As since they slick over so easy.

This is one of the tires I like that is made as a 16 incher.
I could not find many reviews out there with these tires on a 2500 size truck. Dude liked the wear that he was getting out of them.

I'm not trying the T/A's again. I think the Nitto's Terras are out due to short life.
Don't want to buy a 25k mile set again.

Let me know what you have heard, drove or seen happen to the Destination ATs concerning life, ride, quietness and light mud-ability. I am not going cheap, I am trying to buy a good set of tires that will hold up to towing around town and not get stuck.

Thanks guys!

Babyhauler
2004 2500HD LB7, Crew Cab LT, 4 x 4, 222,222 mi, CTS2, MBRP exhaust dual outlet, no cat, PowerStop Brake Kit, B & W Turn over ball, Air Bags, CamLocker toolbox, 265/75-16 Firestone Destination ATs, 3rd set of injectors at 205K mi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 03:52 AM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

We use those tires for our fleet of F series trucks. They all seem to get great mileage even on our trucks that seem to be right at the brink of overloaded. They take those trucks down easements and we haven't heard any complaints about road noise or ability to get places.

2003 2500HD LT CCLB, EFILive by Idaho Rob, 4" MBRP, Diamond Eye Down Pipe, Ported Intake Horn, S&B Intake, PPE Boost Valve, ADII, Nicktane CAT Adapter, CTS Insight, Cognito UCA, Rare Parts Tie Rods, Cognito Brace kit, Bilsteins, Gear Alloy wheels, Hankook RF10 285's, All on Mod, DDM 5k Low's & 4300 Fogs, air horn, on board air, limo tint, blue led interior
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Thanks!

Any other feedback guys?

Other suggestions for 16" ?

Babyhauler
2004 2500HD LB7, Crew Cab LT, 4 x 4, 222,222 mi, CTS2, MBRP exhaust dual outlet, no cat, PowerStop Brake Kit, B & W Turn over ball, Air Bags, CamLocker toolbox, 265/75-16 Firestone Destination ATs, 3rd set of injectors at 205K mi.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 03:00 AM

Yes, have 295/65R20 on my 2016 2500. I have ran the Destination AT & MT on all my trucks for many years now. Great tires and I can always get them at good prices.. never had an issue and they last.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

I bought the Firestones.

Seemed to do well pulling loaded with 6000 lb rear axle weight caused by trailer with tractor on it. Trailer weight was 9800 on scales with 4460 on front axle. It was floaty as hell driving empty with 80 psi. I am running 55 front, 60 rear now empty. 65 front/70 rear when loaded now. I may bump that up when it gets hotter.

No off road test yet. Neighbor would not let drive through his yard after it rained.

Babyhauler
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyhauler View Post
Totally impressed with what I saw a set do yesterday in heavy clay mud. 285/75R16 on an 06. He pulled an overloaded dump trailer through my neighbors yard and backed it into place to dump with it two different times. At least 11k lbs total for this 10k trailer. Tires were mashed. Trailer was rutting yard up but he was not spinning at all. I don't think I could have followed him around empty with new T/As since they slick over so easy.

This is one of the tires I like that is made as a 16 incher.
I could not find many reviews out there with these tires on a 2500 size truck. Dude liked the wear that he was getting out of them.

I'm not trying the T/A's again. I think the Nitto's Terras are out due to short life.
Don't want to buy a 25k mile set again.

Let me know what you have heard, drove or seen happen to the Destination ATs concerning life, ride, quietness and light mud-ability. I am not going cheap, I am trying to buy a good set of tires that will hold up to towing around town and not get stuck.

Thanks guys!
Firestone Destination AT's have been a good tire for me. A good combination for plowing snow and pulling trailers, it's hard to find a good combination. It's a fairly quiet tire, compared to some I've had on my truck. I have 30000 on these, probably more than half worn. Hopefully I'll get maybe 45000 out of them. Fronts wear quicker, so I rotate every 10000 or so. But, I have a 900 pound plow on the front 6 months out of the year. I'm satisfied with them.

There are some good tires out there, sort of depends what you are doing with the truck. There is no miracle tire that I've found.

2005 LLY Stock.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 03:14 AM

I've had them in 275/65/20 for over 2 years now, about 35k miles on them, should get another 15k. no complaints at all, traction, ride, wear are pretty good, i'm satisfied i just wished they offered more sizes!

2006 Chevrolet CCSB Classic - Silver - MBRP 4" Straight Exhaust - Magnaflow Downpipe - ATP DSP5 - EGR Blocker - PCV Re-route - Fumoto - Nicktane/Donaldson - Autometer Factory Match Boost/Pyro - Transgo Jr. - DHD Trans Cooler Lines - All LED Interior/Exterior Lighting - ATP Sleeves - Cognito PISK - Method Standard 20x9" Black - Destination AT 275/65/20
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 02:41 PM

I love the Destination A/Ts. Ran them for several years, have Cooper Discoverers on the truck right now. By the end of the year, think I'm going to switch back to the Destinations.

2005 LLY ECLB 3500 SRW 4WD. AFE intake elbow - EGR blocked - PCV re-route - Trans built by Mike L. - EFIlive tuned by IdahoRob - 3" downpipe into 4" MBRP exhaust - Airdog II 165 pump - Kryptonite Tie-Rods - DHD Steering Brace - Trans Rear Brace - Powerstop Brakes - Bilstein 5100s - Firestone Ride-Rite Airbag Helpers - American Outlaw Wheels - 285/75/16 Destination A/Ts - Stock Height
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 11:42 AM

Location: Virginia Beach, VA but work in Washington DC during the week
Garage
I had them on my 2015 Ram 2500 I had before I bought my 2013 LML 3500. I thought they wore out extremely fast. I sold the truck with 23,000 highway miles and thought they had no more than 10,000 miles left on them. I had brand new Toyo AT2's put on my Silverado when I bought it. I've already put 18,000 miles on it and the tires are wearing very well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode