Super Singles - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Wheels & Tires Discuss what wheels & tires are right for you.
Sponsored by:

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2008, 10:19 AM   eBay Motors  #11 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporting Member

Well they wouldn't refuse me, since my family owns a trucking company that buys tires from them for over 100 trucks.

They never do like it though when i ask them to rotate the tires and leave the wheels where there at. They act like its a big deal to dismount and mount all of the tires. They do it every day all day long for new tires so why not 6 more to rotate mine. It all pays the same.

:rockin2010 Camaro SS LS3 426 HP:rockin
BigRedChevy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2008, 08:54 PM   eBay Motors  #12 (permalink)
Timeless Perfection!

Have You Seen This?

Xtreme - Episodes

In conjunction with WD-40 Company, Xtreme 4x4 takes an ’08 GMC 1 ton dually, and transforms it into the ultimate work truck – which you can bid on! Bumpers, lift kit, power enhancers, bigger fuel cell are just the beginning of this installation which is capped off with 22 inch big rig tires. After this truck goes on the road promoting WD-40’s “Last Straw Tour,” it will be auctioned off for charity with the proceeds going to Rebuilding Together and their Veteran’s Housing Program. Ian and Jessi pitch in - not only by building this big rig, but by volunteering at a “rebuild” event at a local veteran’s

I'm going to put it in the Pic battle!

Beat this one!
2005 Chevy 3500 4x4 SLT Crew Cab, L O N G BED! Leather, Integrated DVD Player,"you know, for the kids!" Banks CAI, PPE ECON stage 2 Installed by BigRedChevy; MBRP 4" SS. Dead CAT Kept the MUFF, Modded turbo mouthpiece
RESONATOR PLUG,EGR Blocker Plate Putco Boss Barz Fat Mud Flaps
" Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.- Ben Franklin... Wake up AMERICA!"

:blowup

Last edited by mojo0107; 08-24-2008 at 09:01 PM.
mojo0107 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2008, 09:19 PM   eBay Motors  #13 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

super singles are junk! we had about 5 trucks with them and we had nothing but problems. you blow the tire and you are stuck and you need a new rim.
Current project-389 pete glider C-16 Stage 2.5 pdi injectors, stage 3 pdi cam, stage 1 tuning,stage 3 turbo, ending hp 850 to the ground!
Id rather be dead then CUMMINS RED!
FH Leader is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2008, 10:50 PM   eBay Motors  #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'em_Horns! View Post
I've only seen them on Fuel Tankers and the fleet of a regional food distributor. The biggest thing I've noticed is how quiet they are, no highway 'Sing', in fact no noise at all when passing.

Other than looking cool, Converting a Dually would not be efficient as you would not be able to rotate for wear.
do you know where a guy could lokk for more info on this setup thanks
Haywire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2008, 10:51 PM   eBay Motors  #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'em_Horns! View Post
I've only seen them on Fuel Tankers and the fleet of a regional food distributor. The biggest thing I've noticed is how quiet they are, no highway 'Sing', in fact no noise at all when passing.

Other than looking cool, Converting a Dually would not be efficient as you would not be able to rotate for wear.
do you know where a guy could look for more info on this setup thanks
Haywire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2008, 05:01 AM   eBay Motors  #16 (permalink)
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

A long way to go before a reliable network exists for Tire Service and supply on these.

Here is a nice little upgrade for a service center, only $27k, what a bargain!

I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"

Hook'em_Horns! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2008, 06:26 PM   eBay Motors  #17 (permalink)

I use to pull a three axle dump trailer with them. Good luck stopping in the rain! 78,000 lbs. and the trailer would go sideways every time and that's not even a panic stop.
6" lift
35x13.50x20 Pro-comp Xteme A/T
Billet grill and ss tube steps
DEISEL SMOKE MAKES ME HORNY
Regency Badlander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2008, 05:55 AM   eBay Motors  #18 (permalink)
Diesel Addict

the super singles are already starting to go away since in the long run they aren't safe compared to the duals,alot of the reasons were mentioned and if you ever changed one with the machine pictured above then yes you'll hate seeing a semi with singles pull into your lot but i have done them..actualy my oldest brother holds the record for the fastest tire change on a semi,8Drives and 2 steers from start to finish in 50 min.s..
just orderd a set of 18X10 wheels for the dually and going to run 33-15.50R18 LR E on the rear and a 33-10.50R18 LR E on the front..

rotating tires isn't the problem but if you have to dismount all ofem and then remount and balance them it is kinda sicking and realy when i think about it not sure why other then your redoing your work but we still do them all day long..kinda like redsigning a built home using the same materials,not a fair comparison but you get the idea.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:55 AM   eBay Motors  #19 (permalink)
Timeless Perfection!

I understand!

Wow! they look good on show trucks and are only good if you have more $$$ than Brains. So I just had to ask... After the MPG's Im getting, I'm secure! Thanks:brainfart
2005 Chevy 3500 4x4 SLT Crew Cab, L O N G BED! Leather, Integrated DVD Player,"you know, for the kids!" Banks CAI, PPE ECON stage 2 Installed by BigRedChevy; MBRP 4" SS. Dead CAT Kept the MUFF, Modded turbo mouthpiece
RESONATOR PLUG,EGR Blocker Plate Putco Boss Barz Fat Mud Flaps
" Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.- Ben Franklin... Wake up AMERICA!"

:blowup
mojo0107 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.