Experience with newer Cooper tire? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Wheels & Tires Discuss what wheels & tires are right for you.
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 04:18 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Experience with newer Cooper tire?

This is a relatively new tire for Cooper (Mastercraft) and I have not been able to find reviews on longevity. Has anyone here used them? I'm interested in hearing how many miles people are getting out of them.

They remind me of the Remington Wide Brute tires I used to have on two other trucks, in the sidewall and tread pattern, but those were good for about 50k. They ate everything I threw at them. It doesn't mean these will be equal.

CooperMastercraft - Courser CXT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SnipImage.jpg (39.3 KB, 98 views)

1995 K2500HD EC/LB 6.5TD
2001 GMC 2500HD 4wd CC/SB 6.0 gasser
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 06:46 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

I've put Coopers on hundreds of my customers cars.good tire when price is important

2015 GMC Denali 2500HD 4x4
Xtreme Diesel EGR blocker plates, S&B intake, Flo-Pro exhaust, AirDog, EZ LYNX
Titan fuel tank, Kicker sound system, Ridge Grapplers, Bushwacker flares, Weather Tech, Carhartt seat covers, UWS tool box, Back Rack
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 08:02 AM

I got the Cooper ATP all terrains, lasted 30k on my duramax. Best lasting tires I got. I bought BFG AT2 for more money... only going to get about 15k tops out of them. So... yeah.

2003 Duramax, RCLB 4x4. ZF6, Downpipe, Diamond Eye 4", Nicktane Filter, Edge Evo CTS2, luk solid flywheel clutch, kryptonite uppers, sleeves, pump rub fix, a1 electric windows, clazzio heated seat covers, alpine/rockford audio

2003 Honda CBR 954RR
Previously owned: 2003 GMC Sierra 4x4, Duramax, ZF6 Swap, South bend DD, Airdog, AFE intake, MBRP Exhaust, EFI Live from Idaho Rob w/ V2 and Edge CTS, B&W w/ Firestone Airbags, Cat filter
Lots of Cummins

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 06:55 AM
DuramaxForum n00b

If you're looking cooper and all terrain I'd take a look at the st maxx! Thheres been reports of logging crummies getting 65k. Gotta figure probably 15k at least on gravel roads but either way that's pretty impressive for full size crew cab pickups loaded up with 5 or 6 guys and a tank of diesel chain saws etc. My brother has them on his 4 door wrangled and so far he likes them. They wear slow and they wear evenly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 10:27 AM
DuramaxForum n00b

Garage
I have had coopers on my duramax the last few sets and love them! Never had a flat so far (knock on wood). First was a set of the ST's and got just under 40k on both then third set i got the at3 as i was doing alot of highway driving and they were a little cheaper. they have 35k on them now with a good amount of tread left but will be buying some st maxx's this fall next right before we get hit with snow. i run the 285/75-16 size with a level lift. Great brand of tire. Key for good tires on a duramax or any heavy diesel truck is rotate, rotate, rotate,....

06' LBZ Crew Cab Long Bed YEE YEE!!
Stock intake w/ Airbox Mod and resonator delete, Headlight mod, 5" Diamond Eye Exhaust w/ 3" Magnaflow Downpipe, Glow shift gauges, Edge Programmer, Cooper Discoverer AT3 285/75r16 w/ Ultra Phantoms, Leveled,
PPE ported fuel rail fitting with rail plug, Raptor 150 lift pump, Cat filter, PCV Reroute
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 08:54 AM

I had a set of ST Maxx's and they wore great and didn't make a lot of noise on the highway and gripped on any surface I ever drove them in.

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode