**NEW** Nitto Crosstek Review! - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Wheels & Tires Discuss what wheels & tires are right for you.
Sponsored by:

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 09:37 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
Oh...... Squirrel!

**NEW** Nitto Crosstek Review!

I recently had the opportunity to mount the all new Nitto Crosstek Heavy Duty tire on my truck and these things are nice! I received the Crosstek HD Directly from Nitto after they came to me then asked if I would try the Crosstek HD and give my honest review on them. They gave me the 285/70/17 Load range "E" Crosstek HD to replace my same size Terra Grappler. I liked the Terra Grappler before and considered changing to the Dura Grappler a few times to eliminate road noise. But, I was afraid I would get poor traction in the snow and rain. I think Nitto hit the spot with the Crosstek HD. They finally came up with a tire that accommodates more closely to an all terrain tire in my opinion.

So far daily driving It feels like they get a little better traction around corners and on take off then the Terra Grappler since more tire touches the road. The side walls are nice and stylish and to my surprise theses are actually a semi directional tire which few companies make in a all terrain tire. The best part of all is they cut down on the road noise dramatically! You could always here a rumble with the Terra Grapplers especially at highway speeds and the Crosstek HD's are mutch quieter. I drove on some rain slick roads and the Crosstek HD maintained excellent traction However, I could still spin the tires if I layed into it hard. I had the tires mounted and I do my own balancing. These tires were actually very close to being perfect and needed little to no tire weights added to the rim. Most tires of this size use a minimum of 2oz per wheel which is huge. I'd say that is a gain since alot of tires and wheels will throw regular wheel weights, unless you use the stick on style.

As of now I'm very happy with them and I'm interested to see how they wear. I'll get my first chance after the 18 hour drive and 1200 total mile trip to The T.S performance Event in May. In my opinion Nitto finally has the perfect tire for the daily driver with the Crosstek HD. Can’t wait to post up the results after towing and some miles.

http://nittocrosstek.com/

Exterior: Escalade Handles, Front windows tinted to match the rear, painted bumpers & mirrors, billet grille, 305/50/20 Cooper Zeons on BMF Novakanes Death Metal, Cognito Braces, Stainless Sleeves, Train Horns
Interior: 4 Kicker 10in Subs in 2 custom box's, Autometer Ultra lite II Pyro and Boost gauges, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge, HID Lows & Fogs, Painted accents
Performance: EFI Live Tuned by Blackout Performance, Custom Blackout Performance S475 over stock twins, 45 over stock injectors, MBRP Turbo Back Stainless Exhaust (Straight piped), Raptor Lift Pump, AFE Filter, GMAX6 kit with Suncoast 1057 converter installed by Blackout Performance
1999 Ford F-550 PowerStroke ''Wrecker'' **Jerrdan bed, S&B Intake

Last edited by Tow Master; 03-31-2011 at 11:26 PM.
Tow Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2011, 09:39 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Looks good jason, look very similar to the trail grapplers.

EFI Live DSP5|AirDog II 165| Flex-A-Lite Electric Fans| 2" Drop Shackles| 5" MBRP Exhaust| Down Pipe| S&B Intake| PPE & Aeroforce Gauges| 20x9 XD Hoss 795| 305/55/20 Falken Wild Peak A/T| PPE Fittings| PCV Reroute| EGR Blocked| HD Tie Rod Sleeves| B&W Hitch| 10" Kicker Comp VR
duramax07tmd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2011, 09:44 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

When will the be available ?

EFI Live DSP5|AirDog II 165| Flex-A-Lite Electric Fans| 2" Drop Shackles| 5" MBRP Exhaust| Down Pipe| S&B Intake| PPE & Aeroforce Gauges| 20x9 XD Hoss 795| 305/55/20 Falken Wild Peak A/T| PPE Fittings| PCV Reroute| EGR Blocked| HD Tie Rod Sleeves| B&W Hitch| 10" Kicker Comp VR
duramax07tmd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2011, 11:12 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Oh...... Squirrel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duramax07tmd View Post
When will the be available ?
Hmm.. Good question Ill have to ask
Exterior: Escalade Handles, Front windows tinted to match the rear, painted bumpers & mirrors, billet grille, 305/50/20 Cooper Zeons on BMF Novakanes Death Metal, Cognito Braces, Stainless Sleeves, Train Horns
Interior: 4 Kicker 10in Subs in 2 custom box's, Autometer Ultra lite II Pyro and Boost gauges, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge, HID Lows & Fogs, Painted accents
Performance: EFI Live Tuned by Blackout Performance, Custom Blackout Performance S475 over stock twins, 45 over stock injectors, MBRP Turbo Back Stainless Exhaust (Straight piped), Raptor Lift Pump, AFE Filter, GMAX6 kit with Suncoast 1057 converter installed by Blackout Performance
1999 Ford F-550 PowerStroke ''Wrecker'' **Jerrdan bed, S&B Intake
Tow Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2011, 11:34 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
Lifetime Supporting Member

yeah for sure those are sick...perfect balance in my oppinion...If the wear good for you that will probably be what I would get next
SoCal Cam
Mahle Forged Pistons .040 ovr
Hamilton Rods
Floor it pump
Dipper sticks
ATS Trans/CoPilot/TC
Other Stuff...
seth999 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2011, 05:07 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

Look pretty good to me. Any word on pricing?
2003 Chevy LB7 2500hd 4x4. Federal Emissions system. PPE Boost Valve, XD Spy 17x9, 265/70/17 Kumho KL71, 4" ATS exhaust. Luverne nerf bars, Rancho RS9000, Firestone Airbags. Leveling kit. LED Dome/map/L.P. Gigantic wish list!:rockin
lycan03lb7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2011, 05:22 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Sorry .....Imo ....they look like they should be on a civic not a truck. Does not look like an AT tire to me looks like a good street only tire
GMax5 + ML Built by me
airdog II,AFE MP+Intercooler tubes http://www.meyerperformance.com/
7" Cognito Lift XD Monsters and 35"s,7" FTE Single stack, Tracton Bars, all the front end goodies, egr blocked, FRSK, 06 grill/ hood/mirrors, sunroof, 50g transfer flow tank and many more
1983 chevy 12valve cummins, nv4500,and some other stuff
Let men marry men and women marry woman...in 3 more generations there will be no more democrats
SzymoDmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2011, 03:57 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

I'm buying a set of dura grapplers for mine. But those do look nice! I need over the road tires.
1977 Trans am, 400, 4 speed.
1969 C30 Wrecker, (Mater) 307 4 speed.
No Moa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2011, 08:37 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

$851.25 set of 4
jetta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2011, 08:51 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

^wat size?
'06 GMC EC/SB LBZ: 2" resonator plug, EGR blocker, Autometer Boost & Pyro, MBRP 4" straight piped, AFE 3" IC tube, 4.5" bills custom intake, Trasngo jr, Tie Rod sleeves, EFIlive V2 DSP5, mini lift w/bilsteins, 17x9 pacer lt's w/ 295/70 trail graps, bull bar w/ kc's, billet grille...
'05 GMC CC/LB/DRW LLY:(dads) EGR blocker, Autometer Boost & Pyro, AFE 4" TB w/muff, S&B intake, AFE bladerunner, AFE 3" IC tube, EFIlive V2 DSP5

tuned by Rob Coddens @ www.atptrucks.com
jaylat93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.