Alternative to an Airdog lift pump - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hook'em_Horns!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Alternative to an Airdog lift pump

Posted this in another area with little response. Posting it here for more help...

Hi, I am a 17 year old and I just bought my first diesel - 2003 sierra LB7 with 180k miles. Its in amazing condition and I'm looking to do some upgrades to it. I've been looking at the Airdog 100gph lift pump, but after reading some other threads, someone mentioned the "Duramax Dual Fuel Filter"

Duramax Fuel Filter Kit

I was wondering if anyone can offer advice on this kit or any reviews/experience. Again, Im brand new to the diesel world and know the importance of a lift pump. Just thought this one looked good, quality and price wise.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 10:31 AM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
It's okay priced for what you get. I don't think their kit includes the power goodies (wire, relay, fuse tap, etc.) though.
Just not a fan of splicing into the hard lines, vs tapping at the fuel module outlet tube at the tank. The flex line there that you replace, can be a leak source as the fuel system ages.

You're looking for high volume, not high psi. So a small lift pump will work well.

You can put together your own kit; most every major filter mfr offers an aux filter head ($20-$30). Add some 1/2" bulk bio-fuel compatible fuel line, clamps, and a small pump, power on relay, wiring....

Those top mount filters are Baldwin's FB1311. Hastings makes a side mount too (KF-33).
They're 1-14 thread, which fits a variety of popular Diesel filters (BF1212, BF7633)
Just depends on how you want to fab your mount for it all.

Some ideas and pics here;
https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/d...-pump-kit.html
407driver likes this.

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 06:50 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Garage
I like my AirDog 100 and it's been good for a long time.

Justin 2001 LB7 Silverado 2500HD LT CCSB 4x4.
EFI Live by Idaho Rob, 530K+ and rolling, Undercover Bed Cover, Vortex spray in bed liner, Odyssey Extreme Batteries, Westin steps, Bilstein Shocks, Road Master Active Suspension, M/A Pump Rub Kit, PPE Trans Cooler, MBRP 5" Exhaust, Edge Insight CTS, K&N drop in filter, AirDog II 100 w/ CAT 751, LLY FF Housing w/ Racor, Running on LMM Blacked out Wheels & Michelin LTX M/S2 tires.
ADRENALINE TRUCK PERFORMANCE
Lincoln Diesel Specialties
Merchant Automotive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 08:12 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Since it is a "new to you" truck and you are new to diesels, this thread may be of interest to youi.

https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/m...ew-owners.html

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode