LB7 Injector rates and Maf - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
LB7 Injector rates and Maf

Have been monitoring my injector rates for a bit now with a few different emails to Brent at LDS (great person when it comes to advice, has not steered me wrong yet), and was tracking on the mind set that I would have to replace them soon. Consistently, cylinder 5 and 6 were always either right on the outskirts or way above (as far as within spec) and the others in the even #s weren't far off. During this time I also had an interment MAF signal code being thrown.
Long story short, replaced the MAF sensor a few weeks back now and since then the rates that I am seeing are night and day. As a whole, the Odd Bank is running within.5 of 0.0 and the Even bank is generally +/- within 1.5 of 0.0 (again minus #5 which is still running at 3.5 and 4 when in drive) (monitored through EDGE insight).
Has anyone else seen changes like that just from the MAF?

I know I will have to probably change the injectors anyway next summer since this set has roughly 80K on them but I wouldn't have thought that the MAF would have had that much of an effect on the rates...

CPT

2004 Chev 2500HD LB7 238K and counting
2" leveling keys on front, 1.5" block level to the rear, Fass 95 fuel pump, +50 HP Injectors, Banks Big Head waste gate, Banks cold air intake with scoop, Profab air horn, mishimoto thermostats (-1 deg), PPE upper and lower radiator hoses, PPE Deep Trans Pan, Fleece trans cooler lines, MBRP 4" inch exhaust and quiet muffler, MBRP Intercooler pipes- driver and passenger, fleece tie rod sleeves, LDS 64mm Super Core, EFILive by PPEI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 10:43 AM

That's interesting. I just picked up my first diesel, '03 LB7 with 214k and original injectors with just a touch of haze at idle. Gotta get a scanner and check balance rates but now I'll know to look at the MAF as well. Thanks!

2003 CCSB LB7 GMC 2500HD D/A 4x4
Bought in '19 with 214k miles
Bully Dog tuner
Pro Flo exhaust
Leveled with Bilsteins
305/55/20 Falkens on LML 20s
Ranch Hand
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode