Special Policy 04039C - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 09:08 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango View Post
If your truck is still covered by the special policy discussed above (7yr/200K miles, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST), run, do not walk, to your nearest GMC/Chevy dealer. Actually, you'll probably need to drive so you can have the fuel rails checked for return rate. Policy has probably expired for everything except a few '03 and most '04s.

good luck, lb7's were early 04's which means most all were put inservice in late 03 or early 04. i would be willing to be there is only one or two lb7's on this entire forum, nah the planet earth, that still qualify for this special policy...

Wayne
Woller Farms Sellers, IL "we raise hell, pays the same as grain (nothing)"
04 GMC SLT cc/sb LB7 "big golden delicious"
s&b intake, banks exhaust, II silver bullet turbo, proflow headers, EFI live by bobo, ATS duel fueler, II 45% overs, ADII 165 lift pump, suncoast trans and ml converter
04 Chevy ec/sb LB7 "arrival blue lithuanian truck"
banks intake, silverline dual exhaust, EFI live DSP5 by Idaho Rob, BD diesel trans pan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike diesel View Post
well yea bitch, i like duramax forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinelvis11 View Post
i'll let you use anything i got except my wife and my truck; it's too easy to throw a rod in either one):h
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 09:34 PM

Dont think u dont qualify because i have a 04 that got purchased in 2003 and i was past the years but still under 200,000 and gm paid for my injectors
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 09:34 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

well i don't qualify at the three dealers i have contacted in my area and i have less miles than you so maybe i have to take my truck to california i guess?? pm me the service manager's name and number please, sounds like he knows a way around the hoopla

Wayne
Woller Farms Sellers, IL "we raise hell, pays the same as grain (nothing)"
04 GMC SLT cc/sb LB7 "big golden delicious"
s&b intake, banks exhaust, II silver bullet turbo, proflow headers, EFI live by bobo, ATS duel fueler, II 45% overs, ADII 165 lift pump, suncoast trans and ml converter
04 Chevy ec/sb LB7 "arrival blue lithuanian truck"
banks intake, silverline dual exhaust, EFI live DSP5 by Idaho Rob, BD diesel trans pan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike diesel View Post
well yea bitch, i like duramax forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinelvis11 View Post
i'll let you use anything i got except my wife and my truck; it's too easy to throw a rod in either one):h

Last edited by flyinelvis11; 10-27-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramaxfreak1989 View Post
Dont think u dont qualify because i have a 04 that got purchased in 2003 and i was past the years but still under 200,000 and gm paid for my injectors
Will you PM me the service Manager name and number as well? Thanks

Jarod

2004 3500 LB7 Crew Cab Dually, Banks Six Gun, Banks Boost & EGT gauges, Banks 4 inch exhaust.

2000 Baja 272, 502 Mag MPI
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-28-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuallyMax View Post
Will you PM me the service Manager name and number as well? Thanks
It is the gmc dealer in irvine california
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 04:45 PM

do i need to reload everything to stock with EFILive before i go in to try and get this done? or is it going to matter?

Tornando Got her
2004 LB7 CCSB
LT305/55R20 Nitto Terra Grapplers ~ 4" MBRP straightpipe ~ EFILIVE ~ Edge CTS Insight Monitor ~ PPE EGT Probe ~ Injector's replaced @ 107,000 ~ 4.5" Bill's Intake
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 06:05 PM

I have an 04 with 120,000 that was ten months past the 7 year in service date, took it to the dealer and GM is replacing all eight for 1500 in labor. Set everything back to stock so the dealer couldn't use anything as an excuse, didn't want to take any chances when they are charging 3500 for the injectors. Thank you GM
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 06:08 PM

this happened recently Capecodduramax? my '04 has 110K on it, am hoping that my local dealer will be as lenient as i just discovered diesel in my oil pan today @ my normal oil change interval... dreading this entire scenario ...

Tornando Got her
2004 LB7 CCSB
LT305/55R20 Nitto Terra Grapplers ~ 4" MBRP straightpipe ~ EFILIVE ~ Edge CTS Insight Monitor ~ PPE EGT Probe ~ Injector's replaced @ 107,000 ~ 4.5" Bill's Intake
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 06:24 PM

nateneill yes my truck is in their shop as we speak. I called GM myself and the rep told me that they would not cover it unless the service manager at the dealership gave the ok.Three injectors were flowing horrible and the other five weren't far behind i was told. All in all you just need to find a dealership where the service manager understands whats going on instead of just saying no because time is up. Good luck with everything. I will pm you the service managers name and number and you can call him for some info.

Last edited by Capecodduramax; 11-24-2011 at 06:30 PM.
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 08:56 PM

no go for me

My 2003 was under the mileage but over the years by 6 months when mine went bad. Kind of a subtle thing too-noticed smoke when it had never smoked before. So I went to the dealership who did ALL the maintenance on the truck and they gave me the runaround and had me call someone in customer service. They ultimately said they would discount the cost $500.00 So I would only be out of pocket around 3700 or so; still haven't gotten them fixed and that was last year when I argued with them-swore I'd never own another GMC product after that too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode