Special Policy 04039C - Page 3 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012, 09:48 AM

Hey ranchonodinero if you want to get it resolved you need to call the gm warrenty hotline and have the service manager at your local dealer call them as well. They should fix your truck if it meets the criteria. Did you have the dealer v2 for flow and return rates? It took me a month or so of calling and finally my service manager called gm and was told that gm would cover the parts. Hope that helps a little.

2004 ECSB LB7 Hunter Green
PPE boost valve
5" mbrp straight pipe
EFI someday
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 11:23 PM

I just had my injectors replaced under "warranty", also only had to pay labor, about $1700. Now I am just wondering what to do next? Air dog 165 or second cp3 pump? Any suggestions?

04 lb7 wrapped in a GMC crew cab,
Mike L built Allison, ProFab Intake horn & downpipe, Banks air intake & monster exhaust, ATP Efi Live, 165 gph Airdog II, PPE BIV, Rare parts tie rods, TTX Tough Terrain ball joints, Moog Problem solver Pitman and Idler. Stock suspension height
Last Dyno: 411.18 Hp - 893.897 lb-f* Edge
Last 1/4m: 13.8 @ 105 Mph "ish" Efi

2019 Colorado ZR2 Duramax
Bone stock
post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-18-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capecodduramax View Post
Hey ranchonodinero if you want to get it resolved you need to call the gm warrenty hotline and have the service manager at your local dealer call them as well. They should fix your truck if it meets the criteria. Did you have the dealer v2 for flow and return rates? It took me a month or so of calling and finally my service manager called gm and was told that gm would cover the parts. Hope that helps a little.
I was so pissed I left the dealership and haven't been back; not even for routine service. If I don't get raped on a trade, I am saying adios to GMC and the duramax and hello to a Toyota. If the trade doesn't go well, then I suppose I'll see about getting the injectors fixed and selling it. I'd be pretty darn happy if they had offered to pay parts and have me pay labor but they didn't do that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 01:39 PM

This confuses me, maybe I am reading too far into it. My truck (2002 6.6L) has 103k miles on it. Does this still apply or is my truck too old? I'm thinking I'm out of the 7yr period.
post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to ob_1jr
too old...you are about 3 years outside the period. There shouldn't be any trucks covered under this policy anymore...although you might get a dealer to do a good faith fix.

2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali
Extang Blackmax Tonneau
Weathertech floor mats and mud flaps
X-pel clear bra
295/60-20 Toyo Open Country A/T II
Custom EFILive tuning by Kennedy Diesel
Kryponite UCA and Bilstein 5100s

SOLD 2004 GMC Sierra LB7
post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 05:06 PM

Crap, ok. Well I hope I don't run into any issues...then again it seems like 90% of people do. We'll see.
post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 08:31 PM

It won't be easy but with only 103k miles if you find the right dealership they will do it. Mine were covered based on my mileage of 120k. Just had to pay labor.

2004 ECSB LB7 Hunter Green
PPE boost valve
5" mbrp straight pipe
EFI someday
post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 08:32 PM

Hmmm, ok. I'll see what they say! Thanks!
post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 01:21 PM

Wish I would have found this site several years ago. Was having smoke issues and then got the "service warranty" in the mail. Took it to the Chevy dealer in Monahans TX (the closest at 120 miles). they told me that 4 injectors were bad butthey did not meet the criteria for the warranty. The cost to repair was going to be 3500 bucks. Not knowing any better I called Chevy and finally got them to agree to split the cost. I was out 1700 and they had the truck for 3 weeks. When I picked the truck up I drove it 150 miles and it blew up. I had the dealer pick it up and he told me the fuel pump went out and it cost me another 1300 to get my truck back. That POS got his money out of me. Now it is smoking again and I am not sure what to do. I don't know if it is the injectors again or someone said it was the rings.
post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ob_1jr View Post
too old...you are about 3 years outside the period. There shouldn't be any trucks covered under this policy anymore...although you might get a dealer to do a good faith fix.
Hmmm my truck is an 03 with 57,000 i wonder if they would cover it here in socal or not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode