ok still dealing with truck smoking at idle. Took to dealer today help PLEASE - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

ok still dealing with truck smoking at idle. Took to dealer today help PLEASE

I have an 04 gmc 2500hd with the lb7 with 165k on it. I have owned the truck for about a year and don't know if the injectors have ever been done or not. I smokes white smoke at idle and it a fair amout of smoke ( gets a little embarassing at stop signs). the special warranty runs out on oct 29 so i took it to the dealer again to try to get them done and once again i got the run around and told they don't really know whats wrong and just want to try a few things like a fuel filter (for $140) which only has about 3or4k miles on it. and they wanted to try to update the ecm. I told them i would come pick it up but i wanted the balance numbers so here is what i got

In park
-1.9,4.2,3.3,-1.5,.1,.4,-3.1,-1.2 and they told me the specs are -6 to 6
in drive
-2.6,2.5,2.2,-.3,1.0,1.1,-3.7,.1 and the specs are -4 to 4

Does this mean anything to anyone who know anything haha. and what would you suggest. thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 04:21 PM
DuramaxForum Guru

Hmmm. get back to you after a phone cal....sure some one will chime in
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 05:36 PM

in park +/- 4 in drive +/-6 are you getting diesel in oil

05 3500 ccdrw lly, complete lbz banks ram-air intake set-up with with super scoope, egr deleted profab intake elbow , diamond eye 4' duals , diamond eye down pipe and no kitty efi by full throttle customs , edge insight cts for gauges ,lbz mp. and fuildamper .pcv reroute,right and left side boost tubes, banks techi cooler ppe ported fitting , afe rear diff cover magtec trans pan ,does it ever end airdog 2 165 bd manifold, merchant transfercase brace and rub kit , transgo jr, custom convertor . earls 82510aerl for trans cooler ,hellwig bigwig rear sway bar , fleece tap shifter

www.alligatorperformance.com
www.merchant-automotive.com
www.madjacksynthics.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

dosent look like it by just checking the oil. i ask the dealer to check it out and ofcourse they didn't and after telling me 50 dollars in diag. they tried to charge me 90 wtf. is there a better way to check for diesel in the oil?
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

are you sure its in park +or- 4 bc that would mean i have one out of spec right?
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 06:30 PM

Where are you located?

'04 LB7 CCSB, Cognito 8", built engine and trans, MPI twins, 98mm BMW

'04.5 LLY CCdually, Cognito 6", Danville Tow Charger, Suncoast V, LBZ mouthpiece, AEM intake, EGR delete, FASS 150, Banks Intercooler, TxC V2 w/fan, 90 gallon transfer tank, double dynamatted interior, Frontier bumper replacements

'04 LB7 ECSB, Wife's truck, Cognito leveling kit, MKW 20's, Nitto Trail Grappler 33's, RDL mouthpiece, Tuning by Mark Broviak of Danville Performance, Parts from Nate at Performance Truck Products

Performance Truck Products
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Midland MI
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Duramax Forum Supporter

dump some fuel in crankcase and take to a different dealer.

R.I.P.
2001 Chevy CC/SB 4WD EFI Live DSP 5, LBZ Short Block, Cut LB7 Pistons,keyed crank and cam, balanced,LBZ Intake Runners with RDL Shorty Y-Bridge, EPR Twins, Big Dipper 40% overs, MBRP Cool Duals, LBZ CP3, ADII, BD Manifold, C2 Gauges, H2 Wheels, Cognito Sleeves and Braces, Hids-Hi-Low-Fogs.
Sheet Metal Workers Local #22
If it's not made in America, YOU paid too much!
Creatures of The Night Performance and ProFab Performance
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Firefighter/EMT-B

for starters has the dealer checked history on your truck to see if the injectors have been replaced. If they have been they would see this because it would have been done under warranty. If not have them check, otherwise i can do it for you. btw it is free to look. all they would need is vin#. I have an 04 with a lb7 in it and it was doing the same thing at idle. put injectors in it problem solved.
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

no one said anything about them being done before so i don't think so but i'm not sure. they woun't be open til monday to check or i can give you my vin let me know if you want it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode