2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd neutral safety switch issues - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd neutral safety switch issues

Having troubles with this new trans I just installed last night. I have installed a new switch but I see it is adjustable. And Iím having troubles finding the correct spot. I have replaced a lot of components on thjs trans and now I am figuring the selector is not in the correct position. It shows correct on the dash but the truck keeps faulting out and stays stuck in 4th. Some sort of limp mode probably. Anyone got any kind of advice on correcting this or an easy way of finding the correct position so itís fine tuned on those two bolts? Itís a Allison 1000 5 speed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LB7, tater turbo, ARP head studs, 2011 LML headgaskets, 2011 driver side exhaust manifold (no factory dent like lb7), 285/75/16's, 45% s&S injectors, Danville race ready tune efi live cts2, fass 160, CNC turbo horn, modded airbox, stock exhaust still... 3"down pipe, ppe boost increase valve, ati harmonic balancer, PPE coolant hoses, redline 15/40 oil, evans waterless coolant, new SS Cups
all new ARP internal head hardware, hold downs, high pressure lines, valve covers, SS high pressure lines
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Anyone?

LB7, tater turbo, ARP head studs, 2011 LML headgaskets, 2011 driver side exhaust manifold (no factory dent like lb7), 285/75/16's, 45% s&S injectors, Danville race ready tune efi live cts2, fass 160, CNC turbo horn, modded airbox, stock exhaust still... 3"down pipe, ppe boost increase valve, ati harmonic balancer, PPE coolant hoses, redline 15/40 oil, evans waterless coolant, new SS Cups
all new ARP internal head hardware, hold downs, high pressure lines, valve covers, SS high pressure lines
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 06:13 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Allison assembly manual,:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...9Tkvqst6lS2L4J
Jimmybeam01 likes this.

Ron Nielson
2008 Silverado LT, CCLB, Edge Insight CTS
2009 Arctic Fox 29-5T, Silver Fox Edition, Onan 3600 LPG generator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Thank you Ron, adjusted it again and still faults. Put it in drive and selector goes to drive, shows first gear on the scanner and without moving it clunks and goes straight to fourth. I am just boggled. This trans works and I know this cause I tested in the other truck before putting it in this one. I just cannot for the damn life of me figure out what the hell is going on

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

So here Iíll start with EVERYTHING that is happening. Or has happened.
While driving if I hit a bump the truck will shut off, stop put it in park or neutral and it fires right back up.
sometimes all gauges will go whacked out like the truck is off or at on position then it will go back to normal.
Abs light will come on for a split second sometimes.
Recently if you put it in 4x4 high or low and try pulling something or getting on it it acts like itís out of fuel or it just dies.
Now last trans lost 4th and 5th thought trans was junk. Put a working new one in and it goes from 1st and clunks into 4th.

Replaced wheel bearings like 3 years ago,
Replaced nsbu switch today,
Replaced that blue pressure switch thing inside trans
Filters and all that,
Double checked nsbu position,
Have not checked wiring harness.
Redid the entire charging system, 00 gauge power and ground wires throughout grounding system and positive side,
New alternator,
Iím f***ing irritated and I am out of ideas.
Checked pcm swapped out with working truck and still does it.
Do not have a good enough code reader to see what else is going on, same generic p0700 code..

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Anyone have any input

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Bump...

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

Bump

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Bump

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 05:55 AM
John Deere Parts guy

Garage
When it limps and defaults to 4th, what codes is it setting?

You took the trans out of another truck, and put it in yours, correct? The truck it went in is a 2002, what year did it come out of?

There is a reason it is limping to 4th, and you need to figure out what that is. A NSBU switch, to my understanding, will not cause that. I'm not a trans expert, so I could be wrong, but that's what I understand

Name: Matt
ASE Certified, former GM Parts guy
John Deere Service Manager

Play Truck - 2002 LB7 2500HD Crew Cab Short Bed
Daily/Tow Rig - 2006 LLZ 2500HD Crew Cab Short Bed

SOLD - 2007 LBZ 2500HD Standard Cab Long Bed
SOLD - 2006 LBZ 2500HD Crew Cab Short Bed
SOLD - 2004 LLY 2500HD Crew Cab Long Bed
TRADED - 2002 2500HD Crew Cab Long Bed
SOLD - 2001 2500HD Ext. Cab Long Bed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode