Any one ever used The Diesel Store.com? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jberger93
  • 1 Post By Super

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 05:39 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Any one ever used The Diesel Store.com?

Wondering if anyone ever used a reman CP# from The Diesel Store.com or had any dealings with them. Advertising a 2 year warranty CP3 pump for $574. Working on a very tight budget and need a pump bad. Thanks for the feed back or reviews.

2002 Silverado 2500HD 6.6 LB7
2003 Wilderness 27.5 5th wheel (mobile man cave)
1999 Harley Ultra Classic (2 wheeled therapy)
1937 Indian Chief legacy of our dad
38 years Army aviation and still wrenching Blackhawks
Operations Sergeant Major
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 06:33 AM

I have not , but check this one out too https://www.thoroughbreddiesel.com/i...saAluLEALw_wcB

It’s even cheaper and has 2 year warranty as well
inthechateau likes this.

2006 Chevy Silverado 4x4 2500hd LBZ - 139k miles
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 05:29 PM

I understand your tight budget, but please, please, please!!!!!! Spend your money once and spend it right!! If you can’t wait until next payday an buy from a legitimate source then cross your fingers an pray, then when it goes bad at least you’ll know how to change it the next time!
inthechateau likes this.

2002 LB7 5 inch exhaust, ppe boost valve, boost/egt/rail pressure gauges, fass 95
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Today, 06:09 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Super, thanks, I did latch onto a good used CP3 and dropped it in over the July 4th weekend. Confirmed at least the CP3 was the problem. Now I have time to shop and save up for a good warranty CP3. That was a hateful job though. 12 hours under the hood.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Today, 06:12 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

What I liked about the Diesel Store is they give you 14 days to return the core, no up front core deposit.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Today, 03:46 PM

I’ve been wanting to add a bigger pump to my truck but after reading a ton I think I’ll just do the two pump route, I’ve seen it’s a ton of work, and nothing about leaning over is remotely comfortable haha especially for 12 hours
But I’m glade you got it figured it for sure! And I’ll have to look into them for sure now, no core charge upfront is damn nice! I never knew they did that!

2002 LB7 5 inch exhaust, ppe boost valve, boost/egt/rail pressure gauges, fass 95
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Today, 04:31 PM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthechateau View Post
Super, thanks, I did latch onto a good used CP3 and dropped it in over the July 4th weekend. Confirmed at least the CP3 was the problem. Now I have time to shop and save up for a good warranty CP3. That was a hateful job though. 12 hours under the hood.
honestly unless your trying to build a high power truck, that pump will probably outlast the truck, CP3 pumps are over all pretty bullet proof and failures while they do happen, are rare. If it were me i would save some money up and put it aside as general repairs for the truck and not stress about the pump unless it fails again, which at that point, you have funds set aside to replace it. That is if the truck is still worth the effort and expense of the repair by that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthechateau View Post
What I liked about the Diesel Store is they give you 14 days to return the core, no up front core deposit.
i have heard of other companies allowing this on a case by case basis, wouldent hurt to call some more well known places and see if its something they would be willing to do. Maybe put a card on file or something if the pumps not returned in time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super View Post
I’ve been wanting to add a bigger pump to my truck but after reading a ton I think I’ll just do the two pump route, I’ve seen it’s a ton of work, and nothing about leaning over is remotely comfortable haha especially for 12 hours
But I’m glade you got it figured it for sure! And I’ll have to look into them for sure now, no core charge upfront is damn nice! I never knew they did that!
Top side creepers are a game changer for stuff like that, really saves the wear and tear on the back. You can pick them up on amazon for 200-300 bucks, which im my mind is worth it if your spending that kind of time under the hood. It doesent take a whole lot of trips to the chiropractor to justify that expense.

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.6L LML
TCM & ECM Tuning by MotorOps
Y Bridge delete with SS up and down pipes
4" MBRP downpipe back exhaust with muffler

Last edited by J83; Today at 04:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in