Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

No communication with tranny and electrical problem

507 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  stevewaclo 
#1 ·
Did a full restoration on my 03 Chevy 2500hd lb7.(Cab and motor/tranny off of frame.) Started right up when put back together. but stays in 3rd gear won’t shift out of it. Shifts hard into reverse and drive. I don’t have any power to my doors or dash until it’s running. Accessory won’t work. Tried doing my ignition switch but that didn’t fix it. I checked all my grounds too. It was working fine before I tore apart. Checked all my fuses and plugs. I’m stumped. Have a neutral safety switch coming to see if that’s it. Any help would be awesome.

#2 ·
Any developments to report?

As someone who did injectors last summer, I know (and so do you) there are many, many opportunities to create problems in the electrical system that didn’t exist before.

No magic cure of course, and unfortunately you will need to go back and recheck every connector and possible pinch points where a harness may have become caught.

Not what you want to hear of course, but with so many unintended consequences arising from your mighty efforts (good on you for tackling the job in the first place!) the is no other option but a brute force approach.

Keep us posted.

Best

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.