Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum

Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum (https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/)
-   01-04.5 LB7 Performance Parts Discussion (https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/01-04-5-lb7-performance-parts-discussion/)
-   -   Still on this upgraded interior kick (https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/01-04-5-lb7-performance-parts-discussion/1002453-still-upgraded-interior-kick.html)

ShooterBarnwell 11-20-2019 03:25 PM

Still on this upgraded interior kick

How impossible is it to put 2015 high country seats in an 02 ccsb?? My truck is "fully loaded" for its year but im tired of the way my interior looks since i see and sit in it for a lot of my day. I also have the typical ripping seats sine they are leather and need to replace them anyway.

JimmyD 11-20-2019 03:55 PM

If possible,will take a lot work. For starters don’t expect the electrics to be anything near close. Hence building pigtails. Secondly, seriously doubt that the seat mounts are even close to what you have. Therefore requiring some sort of mount plate to make everything bolt to the truck.

ShooterBarnwell 11-20-2019 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyD (Post 12230397)
If possible,will take a lot work. For starters donít expect the electrics to be anything near close. Hence building pigtails. Secondly, seriously doubt that the seat mounts are even close to what you have. Therefore requiring some sort of mount plate to make everything bolt to the truck.

I know the electronics wont be the same at all, and i know the rear mounts are no where near the same, but i figure the fronts would require redrilling holes and making new connections for the power functions. Other then that the center console would be the biggest issue since i know the whole interior wont swap over being as the cabs are smaller in these older trucks.

Hook'em_Horns! 11-20-2019 04:39 PM

tbear640 11-24-2019 02:17 AM

Upgrade

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShooterBarnwell (Post 12230389)
How impossible is it to put 2015 high country seats in an 02 ccsb?? My truck is "fully loaded" for its year but im tired of the way my interior looks since i see and sit in it for a lot of my day. I also have the typical ripping seats sine they are leather and need to replace them anyway.

I just replaced my drivers side ripped leather seat with a new oem leather seat cover. I removed the seat and did it outside of the vehicle, it went smooth and looks great again. My backs and passenger side seat still look great and a good cleaning and treatment a couple of times a year keep them looking good.

Hook'em_Horns! 11-24-2019 03:02 AM

OE Driver seat molded bottom cushion is still available, under $100.

LS1POWERED 12-08-2019 09:44 PM

I don’t think I would go that route, in my opinion you have some of the best seats ever made for a truck. They are wide, lots of cushion and the built in arm rest, its great. My 07 Sierra classic with leather was by far my favorite seat. I’ve had a Gm truck model year 07, 09, 2011, 2015 then switched to Ford and the 07 gmc is still my favorite. Newer truck seats may look better but comfort counts imo.

Allwhitelb7 02-09-2020 06:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got high country seats in my 04. They are actually for the year but idk. everyone says they never seen them before