Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

PPE Boost Valve not boosting.

13K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  duraturd916 
#1 ·
Installed ppe boost valve arrows toward wastegate. stock boost with edge juice/attitude on 3 was 22 and now after boost valve it is 22. Is the edge causing this? hoping to go EFI LIVE in the next few months.

THX in advance..
You guys are awesome and info much appreciated!!!

#2 ·
i didnt notice a difference either .....
i have a big head wastegate and if shortened the rod as far as it will go and im still getting 25 psi with a 26psi burst every so often at wot..... so i decided to try it with the big head and i didnt see any difference. maybe im doing something wrong.....

#3 ·
Mine went from 22psi stock to 27psi spike, 25-26psi maintained

#6 ·
I don't know how much I get... I don't have a boost gauge but it felt like it made a difference. I am just not sure if putting a T fitting before the valve would show the proper boost psi?

#10 ·
depends on where the boost probe is located. i installed it on my buddies 03lb7 and he has the bully dog tuner so his wont show where the extra boost is at... installed a t in the wastegate line before the valve and it showed 27 psi. normal on the bullydog was only 23

#11 ·
Mine goes to 20 psi... only mods is on tune #2 with the PPE and the boost valve.

#14 ·
I thought the edge maxed out at 22 psi reading IIRC but maybe that was only on the new ones.

#17 ·
I have the boost valve, and when i have my quad set at 215 hp i can hit 30psi all day long. Once i turn it to 135 hp or less, 22-25psi is all i see. FUEL + RPM'S = BOOST. If you don't have enough fuel it's not going to make much of a difference. That's my two cents.

#20 ·
Running EFI Live with DSP5 switch and CTS2 Insight along with many other modifications. I started with 22psi. After installing I ended up with a whopping 22psi... Did not gain 1 single pound of pressure. Then when I contacted the guy on ebay about the issue he proceeds to tell me how it doesn't work after his advertisement says the gain goes from 18-20psi to 28-30psi
If I could get face to face with the jerk I would punch him in the mouth for wasting my time and moeny... This is a gimmick folks. Don't waste your money on these items....

#21 ·
Your CTS will only read to 22 PSI.... with a max effort tune and boost valve i spiked 34 PSI 31 constant. It works just as advertised haha:rofl

#23 ·
Also they're like $10-15. If you're that upset about not seeing a huge gain for that much money... making horsepower might not be for you.

#24 ·
Wont it always go back to the original boost pressure once the pressure in the line equalizes? I was under the impression that it was simply to meter the boost and hold the waste gate from opening as soon. But then as soon as the signal pressure in the hose is balanced on both sides that wastage function would be normal. You want a whole bunch more boost? Block that boost reference line haha.

#25 ·
There's a bleed hole on the compressor side of it if you look close. So it actually keeps the wastegate from seeing some of the boost.

Also, if you have enough fuel, most LB7's will blow the wastegate open at around 26psi anyway. So as long as you don't "pinch" the line shut and let the wastegate breath on it's own, it will work regardless. Past that much boost you'll need a bigger tune to spin it any faster.

#26 ·
I have a ca truck so it'll blow my egr open anyhow lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.