Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

LB7 Injectors and Turbo

950 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Super 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. I wanted to get everyone's opinion on this idea. I have a stock 2002 LB7 that is due for injectors. I wanted to do 30% over injectors but did not know if that would cause me to upgrade anything else on the truck. I also will plan to get a lift pump for more filtration. Would I be able to run those injectors on the stock components on my truck or would I have to tune the truck. I also intend to get a bigger turbo down the road. Should I go with the Stealth 64 or 67. Again, want to keep cost low and reliability high.

#2 ·
Bump

Wow, hard to believe you never heard back on your question.

What a welcome to the Forum :frown2::frown2::frown2:

This is my first visit to the Performance part of this Forum in a long, long time and it appears there are new members like you, that are not getting the attention they came for.

I suspect lots of the old-timers are growing weary of re-answering fairly basic questions like yours, that could be answered via the stickys or, even better, Forum Search. (I won’t mention Google:) ).

All seriousness aside, it’s been since April (!) that you visited and have probably obtained answers elsewhere but please stick around. We need new members in the LB7 section.

Soooo, how goes your project?

#3 ·
Well if you havent done anything or come back...
For the injectors contact @Brent@LDS for some 45% over sac injectors. You can run them without a tune but I would reccomend getting it tuned to get the most out of them. A lift
pump is very good next step. Especially to keep clean and constant pressure to your new injectors. Fass, airdog, and Kennedy are all good options. I've had good luck with fass and Kennedy pumps.
Also please do some searching on here and other sites about those stealth turbos. Imo they are expensive paper weights that arent worth the box they're shipped in. Go with a s3 or s400. A s467.7 would be a good s400 on your truck with the 45% overs. Lds could also set you up with this and an install kit.
I didnt see anything mentioned about a transmission. The stock 5 speeds wont take much more than 90 hp or so over stock to the tires before they start to fail and limp. I would do the injectors, lift pump, and start saving for a trans build from a reputable builder before you do the turbo.

#4 ·
Being new myself I can’t believe I missed this one!! Both above I’d listen to! For me, even though I got impatient an got efi before the big stuff, I’d personally, if you can hold off, I’d do injectors, trans, ok I’d upgrade everything you want to first before efi live, that way you can buy your tunes for what you have an not have to buy them again like I have to now. Granted my 02 is a garage queen now an once it’s fully I’ll need new tunes, but I’m choosing to not get new tunes until the hard parts are finished

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.