LB7 Injectors and Turbo - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 01-04 LB7 Duramax Trucks No Advertising

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 06:43 PM

What did you end up doing?

2002 LB7 5 inch exhaust, ppe boost valve, boost/egt/rail pressure gauges, fass 95
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

Thank you everyone for your replies, they have really provided me with adequate information. I'm sorry Ive been so busy with graduating and school but anyways its summer now! I haven't done anything yet. My dad is still very hesitant to drop a big chunk of change into this 17 year old truck. But I intend to keep it for a long time, my dad bought it brand new in 2002 and I basically grew up in it. It has too much sentimental value to me to just sell it.

So, what happens if I just never replace them? What will eventually happen if I do not address the injector issue? I went to my local chevy dealer and the service department manager said to drive the truck with the injectors like that until it doesn't run anymore, which really made me till my head and look at him in weird way because I would think that would put additional wear on other components but, what do I know? He works for GM so he should know best. Also, is the blow by coming from underneath the truck and from lifting the oil cap caused by the bad injectors?

Thanks,
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 08:53 AM

I have a 2002 2500hd 4x4 that I changed the injectors and turbo about 3000 miles ago, running Lincoln Diesel 45 over SAC injectors and 64mm turbo and mileage tune currently. 3" turbo exhaust down pipe with 3.5" inlet pipe and intake, Air Dog pump,PPE boost increase valve along with Banks big head waste gate valve and 4" exhaust. Turbo spools quickly and injectors made big power difference, fuel mileage is related to your right foot, but highway mileage at last 300 mile trip was 20.3. My suggestion is that if you have it pulled down for injectors I would do the turbo at the same time, you will need all the room you can get when pulling turbo. Had to custom bend up a long breaker bar with torch to get the exhaust bolts loose on turbo against fire wall, very tight, even had to use cheater bar on breaker bar. I also did injection pump fuel pressure regulator and related hoses, fuel and coolant, thermostats,along with doing valve adjustment. Good luck
[email protected] likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sglll3 View Post
Thank you everyone for your replies, they have really provided me with adequate information. I'm sorry Ive been so busy with graduating and school but anyways its summer now! I haven't done anything yet. My dad is still very hesitant to drop a big chunk of change into this 17 year old truck. But I intend to keep it for a long time, my dad bought it brand new in 2002 and I basically grew up in it. It has too much sentimental value to me to just sell it.

So, what happens if I just never replace them? What will eventually happen if I do not address the injector issue? I went to my local chevy dealer and the service department manager said to drive the truck with the injectors like that until it doesn't run anymore, which really made me till my head and look at him in weird way because I would think that would put additional wear on other components but, what do I know? He works for GM so he should know best. Also, is the blow by coming from underneath the truck and from lifting the oil cap caused by the bad injectors?

Thanks,
Sure you can run it right until the last injector fails on it like he said, then you’ll be buying a whole new motor to drop in on it, I got my truck just the way you did basically and literally until parts are falling off while going down the road I’ll still keep it, save the money an do the right upkeeps on it an your kids will drive the truck

2002 LB7 5 inch exhaust, ppe boost valve, boost/egt/rail pressure gauges, fass 95
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode