LBZ up pipe gaskets - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 01-04 LB7 Duramax Trucks No Advertising

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

LBZ up pipe gaskets

Hi all, Im new here and have been lurking about looking at all the info on these trucks, theres a lot of valuable information here but I cant seem to find any ideas on my current problem.
I removed the passenger side up pipe due to the broken bellows problem, in going back together how do you keep the gasket in place while fastening it to the turbo side?
Thanks for any ideas, or assistance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 05:39 PM

Starting from the perspective you leaning on the motor, grab a bolt (any of your choice) put the bolt through a lifting so the gasket gets through the hole, grab another bolt an put it though with the other hole, by then it’s close enough to start tightening the two bolts but not tight, just get them started then put the last one in an feel an make sure the gasket is lined up an finger tight them, then wrench
Hope it helps!

2002 LB7 5 inch exhaust, ppe boost valve, boost/egt/rail pressure gauges, fass 95
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 05:40 PM

“A little”

2002 LB7 5 inch exhaust, ppe boost valve, boost/egt/rail pressure gauges, fass 95
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 05:41 PM

Also don’t tighten the bottoms any at all, someone that does it everyday might say different but it was easier for me to start the top an go to the bottom

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, the new gaskets should arrive tomorrow, heres a few pic's of how I chopped up the pipe to eliminate the EGR cooler stub, used a piece of the cut-off to cap the hole
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9761.JPG (119.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9765.JPG (138.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9768.JPG (147.1 KB, 16 views)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 01:46 PM

Looks pretty good!

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

As luck would have it, they only sent me the top gasket with the lower due tomorrow, I've assembled everything up top, broke the trans dip stick mount, and had to make a new one (grrrr) so hopefully Thursday afternoon I'll be back on the road...Got grandkids to visit
thanks for the tips Super
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 06:41 PM

Hey no problem I hoped it helped! Did you get the parts on time an was you able to make your trip?
Also I should of said in the first post but I put anti seize on everything I take off pretty much, it’s a lot easier the next time around!
Sorry so late 16+ hour work days an 2 kids makes for a very short Fourm life!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode