LB7s running SAC injectors?????? Chime in please - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 01-04 LB7 Duramax Trucks No Advertising

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum Veteran

LB7s running SAC injectors?????? Chime in please

So, looking for longevity reports on the SAC type injectors for LB7s. Who's got 'em installed, how many miles so far and how do they run?

Thanks!!

2002 Chevy 2500HD Crew - Original owner - 407,000 miles so far. All stock with the exception of a lift pump and Donaldson filter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 05:49 AM

I have about 20 K on mine so far. I remember read somebody had about 40K & that was a while ago.

04 GMC LB7 2500 SAC 45 injectors DSP5 EFI live, ported air inlet. 4" MBRP droning exhaust.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum Veteran

Good to hear. thanks for the reply!

2002 Chevy 2500HD Crew - Original owner - 407,000 miles so far. All stock with the exception of a lift pump and Donaldson filter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 07:31 PM

Tagged. Looking for insight as well.

02 gmc sierra 2500hd crew cab short bed
3" zone kit
285/70/17 nitto Terra Grapplers
17x9 Raceline 930's
S&B intake
3" turbo horn
PPE boost valve
MBRP 3" downpipe
MBRP 4" exhaust
boost auto tow mirrors (dual function) Edge CTS2 with EAS EGT probe
LED conversion
Fass 90
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 06:19 PM

Just installed them in my truck, truck is stock, so stayed with the SAC 00 units. No complaints at this point. No more hazing at idle.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 06:24 PM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by long-time-dmax View Post
So, looking for longevity reports on the SAC type injectors for LB7s. Who's got 'em installed, how many miles so far and how do they run?

Thanks!!
have you talked to LDS? they sell them and could probably give you a much better idea of the failure rates they have seen then you will get here due to the smaller sample size.

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.6L LML
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum Veteran

Traded posts with Brent about it. They apparently have a company truck that at last report was still going at 150k with SAC 45s. But I was looking for a larger sample size since there is a wide range of how many miles each LB7 gets on VOCs. My truck goes right at 80k. My brother's 2003 goes about 130k and I've seen quite a few folks claim anywhere from 40k - 200k+ and everything in between. Not really sure why the wide range but what I'd really like to see is someone with a ~40k range get 200k miles on a set.

Regardless, if I keep my truck long enough to install another set, the WILL be SAC00s. I already know exactly how far it goes on VOCs as they been replaced 5 times already. The price difference for SAC is just not that much. I was more just curious for some high mileage reports.

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 07:35 PM

Just going to guess an say people running the higher miles have a fass/air dog with a stock filter in place still. An probably do a little cleaner through them, if not every fill up but every other or so.
I just broke 105k miles on my truck an bought with 100k on it, from what I can tell when I bought it no ones touched a thing on it, besides the car filter. I put a fass on it Asap when I got it everything still looks good

2002 LB7 5 inch exhaust, ppe boost valve, boost/egt/rail pressure gauges, fass 95
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 06:56 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super View Post
Just going to guess an say people running the higher miles have a fass/air dog with a stock filter in place still. An probably do a little cleaner through them, if not every fill up but every other or so.
I just broke 105k miles on my truck an bought with 100k on it, from what I can tell when I bought it no ones touched a thing on it, besides the car filter. I put a fass on it Asap when I got it everything still looks good
I've watched closely over the years. As far as I can tell, the filter just does not make much of a difference. This is going from results of those that do and those that don't install the expensive filter set ups.

As I said, my brother gets almost double the miles on a set that I do with OEM filter. I think it may have much more to do with where your diesel in refined. Besides his being a GMC and mine being a Chevy, that was the only difference between our trucks for a looong time - till I changed my filter. About to go back to OEM filter because running a different filter made absolutely no difference in mine.

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by long-time-dmax View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super View Post
I've watched closely over the years. As far as I can tell, the filter just does not make much of a difference. This is going from results of those that do and those that don't install the expensive filter set ups.

As I said, my brother gets almost double the miles on a set that I do with OEM filter. I think it may have much more to do with where your diesel in refined. Besides his being a GMC and mine being a Chevy, that was the only difference between our trucks for a looong time - till I changed my filter. About to go back to OEM filter because running a different filter made absolutely no difference in mine.
Correct me if I’m wrong but beside the typical fuel stations all across, doesn’t all the fuel begin being made at the same place?
Thinking more on it though it makes more sense, say you have two stations side by side, ones been there for 35 years the other 2 years, obviously you’d think the underground tanks in the 2 year old would be in better condition/less contamination in the tanks/fuel!

2002 LB7 5 inch exhaust, ppe boost valve, boost/egt/rail pressure gauges, fass 95
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode