Is this a EGR delete? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
04.5-05 LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Is this a EGR delete?

Is this a plate slipped in there to block off the egr?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191003_192846_1570149051256.jpg (22.8 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 20191001_114056_1570149185702.jpg (32.9 KB, 41 views)

2005 GMC 2500HD 4x4 4 door short bed. Spur of the moment auction buy

1992 GMC 2500 6.5L Turbo Diesel 4L80E transmission. Best truck ever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 06:47 PM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

that plate seems kinda thin for a blocker plate, but it could be, hard to say what it is without seeing it removed. based on the second picture, id say it might be, though i dont see anything in the second picture that distinctly says deleted. The rubber cap is a resonator delete, which does nothing but remove some clutter, and it looks like a PCV rerout maybe, but again, both of those can be done with, or without an EGR delete. Looking at pictures of other LLY EGR coolers, they dont seem to have that tab, and im not able to find any pictures of factory seals that look like that, so if i had to guess id say its a very low quality EGR blocker plate, based on the wiring mess on top of the engine, im guessing that a lot of care and forethought was not previously put into that truck.

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.6L LML
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by J83 View Post
that plate seems kinda thin for a blocker plate, but it could be, hard to say what it is without seeing it removed. based on the second picture, id say it might be, though i dont see anything in the second picture that distinctly says deleted. The rubber cap is a resonator delete, which does nothing but remove some clutter, and it looks like a PCV rerout maybe, but again, both of those can be done with, or without an EGR delete. Looking at pictures of other LLY EGR coolers, they dont seem to have that tab, and im not able to find any pictures of factory seals that look like that, so if i had to guess id say its a very low quality EGR blocker plate, based on the wiring mess on top of the engine, im guessing that a lot of care and forethought was not previously put into that truck.
Your right about the care and forethought. It seems to have the most common mods but poorly executed. You should see how the airdog is mounted.

2005 GMC 2500HD 4x4 4 door short bed. Spur of the moment auction buy

1992 GMC 2500 6.5L Turbo Diesel 4L80E transmission. Best truck ever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 08:49 PM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaeljp86 View Post
Your right about the care and forethought. It seems to have the most common mods but poorly executed. You should see how the airdog is mounted.

please tell me zip ties and or bailing wire are involved.... I would bet that that truck is deleted, but id also bet its with a 50$ kit from ebay that is terrible.

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.6L LML
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode