Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum

Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum (https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/)
-   04.5-05 LLY Duramax Powertrain (https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/04-5-05-lly-duramax-powertrain/)
-   -   Built Trans Tunes (https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/04-5-05-lly-duramax-powertrain/1002553-built-trans-tunes.html)

Tahoetim_42 11-23-2019 07:30 PM

Built Trans Tunes

Coming time to get ole Snowmax a built trans by the man himself Mike L, ontop of that also getting the transfer case rebuilt and having his buddy fix my 4wd! Now onto looking for tunes for built transmissions, what do you guys recommend? I like the ridgerunner option cause i can choose which tunes i want and i can choose to have my idle rumble or hiss (vanes open or closed). What other options are out there? Thanks in advance!

Tahoetim_42 12-05-2019 04:27 PM

Bump

Noble_dmax 12-05-2019 04:47 PM

Not probably gonna get much of a reply on the EFI front here anymore. This forum died when custom tuning did. Your best bet is to just call a reputable shop and hope for the best.

denarli6.6 12-05-2019 04:49 PM

Bit confused here cause you say you're on to looking for tunes for built transmission, but then talk about the rumble & hiss tunes. Are you looking for both a trans tune and engine tune? For trans tune i would talk to Mike L about what tunes he recommends since he's the one building the trans. Fill out your sig so we know what truck you have. I dont want to assume its the truck in you pic.

Tahoetim_42 12-05-2019 04:56 PM

My bad, engine tunes, like max effort ones, the tunes you can get once your transmission is built. Probably shouldve typed that it better lol. Wanted to see who people would recommend to get tunes for my truck. It is the one in my picture, dont know how to do a sig as im still figuring the website out haha.
Quote:

Originally Posted by denarli6.6 (Post 12235275)
Bit confused here cause you say you're on to looking for tunes for built transmission, but then talk about the rumble & hiss tunes. Are you looking for both a trans tune and engine tune? For trans tune i would talk to Mike L about what tunes he recommends since he's the one building the trans. Fill out your sig so we know what truck you have. I dont want to assume its the truck in you pic.

denarli6.6 12-05-2019 06:10 PM

The forum can be tricky to get rolling with, esp if you are on your phone doing the mobile layout. I PM'd you some info

Tahoetim_42 12-05-2019 07:35 PM

Yea im on the mobile layout, cant get onto a computer much anymore since im on 18 wheels most of the time. And thank you for the pm, i saw it and appreciate it very much denarli, thank you! 🙂
Quote:

Originally Posted by denarli6.6 (Post 12235337)
The forum can be tricky to get rolling with, esp if you are on your phone doing the mobile layout. I PM'd you some info