LLY Boost Pressure Sensor - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
04.5-05 LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-25-2019, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

LLY Boost Pressure Sensor

I'm getting very sporadic readings of the boost pressure sensor when my truck is idling.

The BARO reads a pretty flat at 97kPa, which I think is correct. However, the Boost Pressure Sensor is reading all over, from 0 to up to 200kPA when idling in Park. The truck is running kinda rough, but really starts to shake when the BPS drops to 0 kPa. Then it will jump up to 200kPa (28psi), which I believe is the max it will read.

Here is a video of the live data stream on my tech 2 (you can see the video start to shake when it hist 0kPA):

Is this a faulty sensor or maybe wiring? The Boost Pressure Sensor should read at least 97kPa (same as BARO), shouldn't it?

Possibly related: I recently replaced the vane position sensor, as I was getting a P2564 code. While replacing it, I found that the wiring harness had worn through the insulation down where it plugs into a bracket. I fixed that and haven't had any codes since.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-26-2019, 05:28 AM

I believe the baro and boost sensors are the same. You can try swapping them to see if the problem is the same, that will help rule out the sensor as the problem.

2005 LLY 3500 CCLB 215,000 miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode