Stuck at 14.2 psi of boost - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
04.5-05 LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2020, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

Stuck at 14.2 psi of boost

I just finished up my head gasket job and got it running. Me problem is when I took it for a drive it will smoke way more than before, specifically at low rpm. Iím looking through everything with a scan gauge and everything looks good except the boost pressure is holding at 14.2 psi. It doesnít change at all unless I unplug the map sensor then it drops to 4 psi (so shouldnít be the wiring?). I know the whole atmospheric pressure is ~14psi thing but it doesnít change at all if I take off, idle, power brake, shut it off. I definitely donít have a boost leak big enough to this ether as it has way more power than if it wasnít getting boost at all. Should I just say f*** it and put a new map sensor on or is there something I might be missing?

Also, are the two ďmapĒ sensors the same? I might try switching them and see if anything changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

05 2500HD 2wd Crew Cab 8í box 2nd owner
Mods:
Intake
Coming mods:
D60 sas
Tunner
(List under construction)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2020, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Update after messing around all afternoon. First off I am now up to speed that the two sensors are different. The did change when I switched them though so another point for it not being a wiring problem. I tried cleaning the map and tried it again and now itís reading 12.7 at idle and when I get on it it drops. Canít say I understand that one but unless anyone chimes in Iíll probably just go ahead and get a map sensor tomorrow. Which are apparently pretty pricey compared to normal maps, go figure

Mods:
Intake
Coming mods:
D60 sas
Tunner
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-26-2020, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Next update. New MAP sensor, still have smoke and it reads 14.0 psi at idle and will climb to close to 15 if I power brake a little. Any ideas? Iím about to drive this shit box into a lake.

Mods:
Intake
Coming mods:
D60 sas
Tunner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-26-2020, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Well after a drive I think the map sensor problem is fixed but itís still over fueling. So Iím going to start a new thread to go with evidently a different problem

Mods:
Intake
Coming mods:
D60 sas
Tunner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode