LLY / LBZ Mouthpiece Flow Data - Page 22 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
04.5-05 LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #211 of 218 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 09:28 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Is your air filter an oil type? The Duramax at 3000 rpm and 20 pounds of boost will consume the air in an 8x10 room in 1 min. The massive amount of air flow will pull some of the oil from the filter if it is over oiled and get on the mass air flow sensor and cause some strange results. I would try the fuel filter first and a can of MAF cleaner to the sensor if the filter does not help. 11000 is not to bad on the filter but it only takes 1 tank of bad fuel to plug a filter. A change in the shifting is also an indication of fuel filter plugged.

Clifford is a 2005 GMC Loaded SLT 2wd with; true cold air intake mods, ported LBZ turbo inlet mouthpiece, AFE Inter cooler pipe, Diamond Eye down pipe, BD drivers side manifold, V2 radiator, thermostst controlled oil cooler, Edge CTS2, 19.5" aluminum wheels with factory lug covers, Goodyear G647RSS 225/70/19.5, BF Xenon 6000k Headlights Low & Hi, Air lift Remote control 5000# air bag system, Tork Lift Stable Loads, EZ down Tailgate assist, Put co S/S mud flaps, compete interior wood dash kit, Dual Liner 3 piece bed liner with rubber floor mat, Roll-N-Lock tonne cover with tail gate lock, and AVS in channel vent visors.

GM DRW club member #5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 218 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 06:29 AM

I do have an oiled filter but its been about 3 months since I cleaned it last and haven't had any problems so I don't think it is an over oiled problem but I'm putting in my lift pump and cat filters as soon as they get here so hopefully early next week and I'm going to delete the factory filter head all together. But where can I buy maf sensor cleaner is it at any auto parts store? I'd like to clean it anyway just because I haven't since I bought the truck. Thanks

2004.5 LLY ccsb
aFe stage 2 cold air and 3" intercooler tubes
5" Magna flow straight pipe and downpipe
EFI Live by Duramaxtuner.com
EGR delete
Egt/rail pressure /boost gauges
Lbz mouthpiece
ARP head studs
LML exhaust manifold
Snow performance stage 3 water/meth injection
Home made lift pump setup
post #213 of 218 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 08:15 AM
JUST TROLLING AROUND

Send a message via Yahoo to vinnie gillotti
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #214 of 218 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 10:27 AM
DuramaxForum Guru

Its a must for any LLY owner who has not done this easy swap.

Procharged Vette Lil Tiny Twin Turbo V6 & Jeep YJ Crawler

04.5 LLY - 06 LBZ - 72 C10 LBZ & A Couple Other Nameless Diesels!
post #215 of 218 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 10:36 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

s
Hh

Last edited by Wreckneps; 04-04-2015 at 10:40 PM.
post #216 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 07:08 PM

05 lly, was backing out of my parking spot put the truck in drive started trying to turn and POP! Now I have no steering.. Help
post #217 of 218 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 07:39 AM

Great info. Thank you for sharing and thanks for being bored that day and doing the test. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #218 of 218 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 07:40 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by camdoc View Post
Hi everyone, I thought you might be interested in some flowbench data for the LBZ mouthpiece modification for the LLY engine. I was bored yesterday so I ran a few bits across my flowbench.

This modification is the best thing you can do for an LLY! There is no point in buying a CAI with the stock mouthpiece, it is a terrible restriction. I was also suprised that an air filter with less than 17,000 miles was showing restriction.

The chart shows the flow through the mouthpieces only, then the LLY mouthpiece with only the stock duct, then the entire stock LLY system with a used air filter, then a new air filter. The last column is the LLY / LBZ hybrid complete induction system with a clean air filter.

My bench would only pull 21 In-H2O with the LLY / LBZ hybrid induction system, if you look at the orange columns you can see the benefit of this modification. The entire hybrid system with a filter flows more air than the LLY mouthpiece alone by a large amount.

Thanks for a great website, I took your advice and did this modification, it is the best bang for the buck for any LLY owner!
Camdoc...can you repost the graph if you still have it? I guess something has happened along the way and I can't see it.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
James McCray likes this.

From the Texas Panhandle
[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Blue"]LLY GMC CC SWB 2500 HD 4x4
Bully Dog intake (existing)
Resonator deleted
EGR deleted
PCV re-routed
MBRP 3" downpipe
FASS LP with Baldwin filters
PPE Race Fuel Valve
Stock rims with 265/75R16 Cooper S/T Maxx
Kryptonite Ultimate Front-end Package and Upper Control Arms
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode