No Brakes after hydroboost swap..HELP - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
04.5-05 LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2018, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

No Brakes after hydroboost swap..HELP

Just swapped in a 2011 hydroboost in my 2004.5 LLY. While I was in there, I removed the master cylinder (filthy) and followed a cleaning procedure on the forums. Everything is reinstalled and I have power steering but NO brakes at all. Truck shifts out of park, but will not stop!

Could this be from air in the brake lines? I need to drive the truck to work in the morning, so I need to get this resolved. Thanks

2004.5 LLY - 225K miles & mostly stock under the hood, upgrading parts as they fail
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky_Brakes View Post
Just swapped in a 2011 hydroboost in my 2004.5 LLY. While I was in there, I removed the master cylinder (filthy) and followed a cleaning procedure on the forums. Everything is reinstalled and I have power steering but NO brakes at all. Truck shifts out of park, but will not stop!

Could this be from air in the brake lines? I need to drive the truck to work in the morning, so I need to get this resolved. Thanks

Iíd say air in the brake and hydroboost lines is a good probability.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2018, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

I did a power steering fluid flush using the low pressure outlet on the hydroboost unit. Steering feels great but no brakes what so ever.

Brake pedal won’t build pressure but it isn’t stuck to the floor. It will rebound on its own...

2004.5 LLY - 225K miles & mostly stock under the hood, upgrading parts as they fail
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2018, 12:18 PM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
Air in the lines.

Did you bench bleed the MC?
Did you then bleed the brakes properly?
Did you install the rod properly between the two units (HB/MC)?
Did you drill out the LML plunger rod hole?

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Thanks for the replies yall! I bled the system and all is well. This was my first time replacing the hydroboost, so I appreciate the help. This is a great upgrade for the braking system in the LLY.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 07:04 AM

Same issue with me on my 2006. I’ve bled the brake lines, but still no brakes. I read somewhere that some people have had to drill out the hole in the rod to make it bigger. Does anyone know what size?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in