Turbine Input Speed Sensor P0717 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
04.5-05 LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

Turbine Input Speed Sensor P0717

Hey all I am getting some tranny codes super intermittently. First time it happened was back at the beginning of December, pulled over and jiggled some wires, un hooked batteries and away it went so changed the one sensor when I got back and drove good all winter until last weekend it happened again, same thing unhook the sensors and batteries plug everything back in and away it goes but then it came back the next day, I pulled back as much loom as I can and can't find a broken wire, the input sensor is new. what else could it be?

When the code comes on the converter comes unlocked and tranny stays in what ever gear it's in.

All the codes I get are
P0700 Transmission Control Module (TCM) Requested MIL Illumination
P0717 Input/Turbine Speed Sensor A Circuit No Signal
P0726 Eng Speed Input Circ Range/Perf
C0035 Left wheel speed sensor
C0040 Right wheel speed sensor
B0229 HVAC actuator circuit

I have heard the wheel speed sensors could be related to the tranny codes but not sure what the cause is, any input would help.

I might change the other sensor on the tranny just to eliminate that. I am also going to pull back more of the loom and look over all the wires completely.

04.5 Chevy LLY Dually

Sinister EGR delete, PCV reroute. S&B intake with mouthpiece, 5" straight pipe, ATP tunning, Edge CTS insight, 6" Zone lift, 35" tires, FASS 165 lift pump, FASS suction tube, Titan tan.

Last edited by taylorbok; 04-10-2019 at 10:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

I've inspected most of the wiring, checked pins at the TCM everything looks perfect, truck hasn't thrown the code since but I haven't been towing

all times it happened I was towing and the road was wet. none of the wiring seems to be getting wet at all.

It sucks that it's so intermittent.

Any input at all?

04.5 Chevy LLY Dually

Sinister EGR delete, PCV reroute. S&B intake with mouthpiece, 5" straight pipe, ATP tunning, Edge CTS insight, 6" Zone lift, 35" tires, FASS 165 lift pump, FASS suction tube, Titan tan.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

It happened again today and it was raining heavy.
All the same codes.
No load.

None of the wiring looks wet at all. I am ordering 2 more sensors now and an NSBU switch just to eliminate things. I will take almost any new suggestions.

04.5 Chevy LLY Dually

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

I found the rubbed wires, Under neath the front of the fuse box where the harness clips to the inner fender the 2 sets of twisted pair wires that go to those tranny speed sensors and one other green wire had rubbed through, the orange one was almost completely through, must have been causing intermittent voltage drop.

pulled the harness up and spliced in some new wire and she is good and driving again.

04.5 Chevy LLY Dually

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode