Died , wonít start ruff crank and tons of white smoke - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
04.5-05 LLY Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 04.5-05 LLY Duramax Trucks No Advertising

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Died , wonít start ruff crank and tons of white smoke

Iíve read a ton of white smoke threads , all seem to be a little different or donít exactly cover the same topics so Iím gonna make mine (sorry donít shoot me through your screen )

Anyway here we go driving to work truck dies get towed home , after work check turbo play have none , fuel in oil doesnít appear so oil is black and not over filled , truck cranks not very well Iíll attach a short video of that so you can hear it .
The truck will only start with help and when it does it plooms white smoke outta the back area of turbo and exhaust , also wanted to add it will only run at wide open throttle the min u let off it dies .
At this point Iím stumped Iím not a professional mechanic thatís why Iím here , but with that said I can use a wrench . Tomorrow I plan on compression testing and while I did have it alive for two seconds I data logged it . Im unsure if that will help but I figured why not do it . I can attach the log or email it if someone wants to look
It over . I have one cel for a glow plug control module but I donít think thatís pressing as it never gets under 40 degrees here .

Suggestions comments and any input is greatly appreciated as this is my only vehicle other then my Jeep . Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

I just realized I posted in the wrong spot , sorry also while cranking I get smoke outta oil fill cap tube as well

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 06:38 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Garage
I see the air intake is off. Is the maf plugged in? I’d do everything to get the truck back together and go from there.

04.5 CHEVY 2500HD CC/SB LT-Green, 2" Leveling Kit, Bilsteins, Wicked Wheel 2, Boost Stick, 4" MBRP Turbo Back w/ 5" tip, LMM Resonator Box, Airdog LP, PCV reroute, Airbox Mod with AFE Filter, LBZ MP, Fleece Tapshifter, EGR Delete, Edge CTS2, Mishimoto Trans Cooler, EFI Live Tuned/ Idaho Rob,5% tint, 260K and still going strong,
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownL36 View Post
I see the air intake is off. Is the maf plugged in? Iíd do everything to get the truck back together and go from there.

The maf is in that tube , all the symptoms I had were with the truck completely together . To clarify in that video I was already working towards checking the play in the turbo shaft and had the idea of doing a crank video for possible help . Thanks tho i appreciate the input .

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

So did a compression test today , had a injector on #5 fueling like
Crazy but yeah hereís the numbers not sure what to make
Of it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode