LBZ pass fuel leak - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
06-07 LBZ & LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

LBZ pass fuel leak

just did head gaskets, arp studs, cp3, water pump, etc. put everything back together and she fired right up. After a few minutes I get a fuel leak on the pass side lower valve cover to head gasket. It appears to be coming from the gasket. i can not see a drip from above or any runs. i have checked the return lines, the filter is not the issue as i moved it of to the side. iíve taken the injectors out, valves covers have come off and started it. i canít see any leaks on the injectors with the valve covers off. i canít see anything wet in the valley and itís not coming down off the bell housing. I checked the injectors and they seem good, new copper gaskets, i believe the metal lines are all correct .... I am at a loss!!!!!! any thoughts?

2006 LBZ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 01:38 AM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Clean and dry everything as best you can. Then spray powder on everything. Use something like athlete's foot spray so that it will stick to the parts. Start the engine and run it for only a few seconds. Go looking for the place where the powder is stained. Of course the valve covers should be in place when you do this.

Don't be surprised if fuel is shooting from one place to another and fooling you as to its source.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

thanks, sry can we move this to the lbz forum..... fat fingers on my phone.

2006 LBZ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode