lift pump stopped limp mode I hope - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
06-07 LBZ & LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By wa5ngp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

lift pump stopped limp mode I hope

A couple of months ago I posted some questions about going into limp mode while towing a 10K lb RV on a hot day. After installing a Kennedy lift pump I towed that same rv today and I think the problem is solved. I positioned myself at bottom of long hill and stood on the accel towing that rv and it went on up, no limp mode. I'm guessing the problem was soft fuel hose collapsing but I'll never know since it could have been water in fuel etc. lift pump is a good idea anyway.

Don - WA5NGP

06 LBZ white, X Cab, Long Bed, 2WD, raised driver seat, Work Truck nuthin fancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 08:38 PM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
It's a good feeling to get out from under the fuel limp bondage.

Replacing that flex line with the bulk fuel line hooked onto the fuel module can solve a leak there, and the positive pressure can help with the other flex line up front, keeping it from collapsing / kinking in the bend.

A good test will be after hours of towing, with the fuel hot.

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

I towed the 10K load yesterday about 200 miles. When I got to 183 & I35 I got snarled up with traffic where they were

transporting a huge wind generator blade so there I was boxed in towing a 30 ft BP RV with a long bed dmax. It did get hot,

I could hear the fan kick in (nice to know that clutch still works). I had some heavy acceleration then too, good thing it

didn't go into limp mode there as I would have added to the traffic mess. That Kennedy pump is nice, I think my original

problem is solved.

Don - WA5NGP

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa5ngp View Post
I towed the 10K load yesterday about 200 miles. When I got to 183 & I35 I got snarled up with traffic where they were

transporting a huge wind generator blade so there I was boxed in towing a 30 ft BP RV with a long bed dmax. It did get hot,

I could hear the fan kick in (nice to know that clutch still works). I had some heavy acceleration then too, good thing it

didn't go into limp mode there as I would have added to the traffic mess. That Kennedy pump is nice, I think my original

problem is solved.
Thanks for the update. Which Kennedy pump did you go with and any extra filtration?

Jeff

2006 GMC 2500 SLT LLY CCSB 4x4 - Bone Stock
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

I just went with the basic one, no extra filtering. My WT is no hot rod by any means. I mounted it on the bracket right next to the gas tank. Rather than drop the tank I removed bolts from one side of bed and loosened the other side so I propped up the bed so I could get at that hose I replaced. Be careful if you do that, prop up that bed up in several places. I had a lot of trouble getting those quick connects to come loose, so I ended up using a dremel tool to just cut them off. The whole kenedy kit is a nice package.
KaliMax likes this.

Don - WA5NGP

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode