06 ECSB 4x4 U joint - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
06-07 LBZ & LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-28-2019, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 54
06 ECSB 4x4 U joint

After 3 trips to advance, an amazon order and a few hours of internet research, I have no idea what U joints are for my truck. Can someone please help?!?!?

2006 ECSB 4x4 one piece steel driveshaft. Looking for the u joint at the rear axle as well as the one at the slip yoke end.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

06 ECSB LBZ. Edge evolution, AirDog2 165, rear air bags, Transflow aux fuel tank, brush guard, headache rack

Last edited by bam5128; 09-28-2019 at 06:05 PM.
bam5128 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-29-2019, 06:23 PM
Junior Member
 
beardedlbzguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Huntington WV
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by bam5128 View Post
After 3 trips to advance, an amazon order and a few hours of internet research, I have no idea what U joints are for my truck. Can someone please help?!?!?

2006 ECSB 4x4 one piece steel driveshaft. Looking for the u joint at the rear axle as well as the one at the slip yoke end.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk
Have you checked DMAXSTORE.COM? They have all kinds of goodies for our trucks.

As for me, I've got a trustworthy guy that works at the local O'Reillys and he just looked up the numbers in the Spicer book and that's what I went with.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2006 Silverado 2500HD CCSB
345k+
Painted Stock wheels
beardedlbzguy is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 06:37 AM
HWI
Senior Member
 
HWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 504
Spicer 1410 non-greasable is what I go with.

06 LBZ CCSB
With some stuff.
HWI is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWI View Post
Spicer 1410 non-greasable is what I go with.
May I ask your reasoning for non greasable? I'm used to hitting my front end every 3000 miles or so and always greasing my vehicle in the marine corps so I figured it would be worth the small extra hassle.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

06 ECSB LBZ. Edge evolution, AirDog2 165, rear air bags, Transflow aux fuel tank, brush guard, headache rack
bam5128 is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 06:48 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWI View Post
Spicer 1410 non-greasable is what I go with.
Additionally, I believe the 1410 may be the wrong size for mine. It shows 1.2" diameter and my u joint caps are ~1 3/8"

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

06 ECSB LBZ. Edge evolution, AirDog2 165, rear air bags, Transflow aux fuel tank, brush guard, headache rack
bam5128 is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 07:43 AM
HWI
Senior Member
 
HWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by bam5128 View Post
May I ask your reasoning for non greasable? I'm used to hitting my front end every 3000 miles or so and always greasing my vehicle in the marine corps so I figured it would be worth the small extra hassle.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk
I grease the front end every oil change, but it still seems like the non-greasables last longer. From what I have read on the forums and Facebook groups it seem like most people have the same experience.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bam5128 View Post
Additionally, I believe the 1410 may be the wrong size for mine. It shows 1.2" diameter and my u joint caps are ~1 3/8"

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk
I would have thought your truck would have the same yoke and driveshaft as mine, but I could be wrong.
bam5128 likes this.

06 LBZ CCSB
With some stuff.
HWI is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 07:49 AM
Junior Member
 
beardedlbzguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Huntington WV
Posts: 97
Unless you have a different driveshaft than OE it should fit. '01-'07 Spicer 1410 greaseable or not.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2006 Silverado 2500HD CCSB
345k+
Painted Stock wheels
beardedlbzguy is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardedlbzguy View Post
Unless you have a different driveshaft than OE it should fit. '01-'07 Spicer 1410 greaseable or not.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I don't have any reason to think it's aftermarket. I bought it from a guy I knew in September 2017. It's the steel shaft (covered in rust). The u joint caps are about 1 3/8" in diameter where as the 1410 is about 1 1/8" in diameter. Idk if the PO had special requests from the factory (wouldn't surprise me knowing how he is) or if that's just what they used for that particular combo (ECSB 4X4 WT)

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

06 ECSB LBZ. Edge evolution, AirDog2 165, rear air bags, Transflow aux fuel tank, brush guard, headache rack
bam5128 is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 08:05 AM
HWI
Senior Member
 
HWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by bam5128 View Post
I don't have any reason to think it's aftermarket. I bought it from a guy I knew in September 2017. It's the steel shaft (covered in rust). The u joint caps are about 1 3/8" in diameter where as the 1410 is about 1 1/8" in diameter. Idk if the PO had special requests from the factory (wouldn't surprise me knowing how he is) or if that's just what they used for that particular combo (ECSB 4X4 WT)

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk
I could be wrong, but I thought all the OEM driveshafts were aluminum, I know mine is.

06 LBZ CCSB
With some stuff.
HWI is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 08:53 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 114
I concur with the non greaseable Spicer. Just put one on last weekend.

Granny driving my one owner 07' GMC 2500HD GFX. 100% original right down to the brakes. Only upgrade EGR delete and EFI LIVE tow tune.
07GFX is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome