My first Dmax - 2006 LBY build/maintenance thread - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
06-07 LBZ & LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Did we just become best friends!? haha Thanks man, we are very excited and terrified... I'm sure you can relate to that.

How many miles do you have on the truck now?

Our boy and girl are due in April, so I have a few months to get things in order on the truck before they start peeing and puking in it

I actually don't know much about turbo braking, I will read up on the benefits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliMax View Post
Yes, congrats on the upcoming twins and the truck!

We've got a bit in common. 3 1/2 years ago I bought our 2006 LLZ/LBY with 245k miles (tow a 10k travel trailer) and 18 years ago this Monday my wife and I had twin boys

It sounds like you're on the right track and getting the maintenance items figured out.

By far the biggest bang-for-the-buck mod that I've done on the truck was the turbo brake:
https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/h...rbo-brake.html

When are the twins due?

Brand new to me, 2006 LBZ motor w/LLY tune (I think?). CCSB 4x4 LT model, white in color. 6 speed trans with tow button and +/- switch.

221,000 miles, all original, bone stock for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 10:31 PM

PM sent

Jeff

2006 GMC 2500 SLT LLY CCSB 4x4 - Bone Stock
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 03:38 AM

Just to tack on a bit when you do the transmission flush, I recommend using Transynd. It will last you much longer and give better protection. Also, if you can I recommend doing the transgo jr when you do the pump rub kit. Maybe you don't need it if you keep it bone stock (mine is minus a programmer) but I always lean on the side of caution and feel spending a couple hundred bucks now is certainly worth not possibly spending a few thousand later not to mention being stranded somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

06 ECSB LBZ. Edge evolution, AirDog2 165, rear air bags, Transflow aux fuel tank, brush guard, headache rack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 07:59 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

This thread may help you, although it sounds as if you have already done some of these:

https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/m...ew-owners.html

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

You guys are awesome. Thanks so much for all of the killer info! I already feel more comfortable poking around under the hood

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407driver View Post
This thread may help you, although it sounds as if you have already done some of these:

https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/m...ew-owners.html
KaliMax, unfortunately I never got your message buddy. Not sure whats going on with that... maybe its because i'm new?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliMax View Post
PM sent

Brand new to me, 2006 LBZ motor w/LLY tune (I think?). CCSB 4x4 LT model, white in color. 6 speed trans with tow button and +/- switch.

221,000 miles, all original, bone stock for now.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 08:39 AM

DAH7, If your having ANY hint of overheating, get busy on the stack cleaning while it's tolerable outside. You can not do this with just a cursory spray and power wash from the outside, You need to open the stack up, even remove the intercooler / radiator to do it 'correctly and thoroughly'. I'm just 40 miles south of Phx (in Casa Grande) and trust me,, cleaning the stack, changing the fan clutch to one that engages below 190°, flush / refill the cooling system, check all the hoses and serp. belt....,, do ALL of this now while it's under 110° outside. It is NO FUN fighting an overheating truck in our Az summers.

Service the trans, transfer case and differentials,
do not,, I repeat.. DO NOT think a can of engine junk cleaner and a hand full of quarters at the car wash to clean under hood is a good idea. IT IS DEFINITELY A BAD MOVE!! Soaking all of the electronics underhood with water is a big NO NO and probably more-so here in the desert SW. If underhood heat wasn't enough, this heat just helps cook th einsulation on wires and bakes plastic connectors to dust. Water will find it's way in to the modules and components and that is probably the WORST PROBLEM with these 15 year old desert trucks. Electronics get cooked and it's a nightmare, add some water causing shorts and you can find yourself on the side of the road with no power, and more important no AIR-CONDITIONING to keep mama and the kids cool.

And a big congrats on the brats. There is NOTHING I have ever done or had that brought so much pride and joy as my kids,,,,,... well, not until they started giving me grand-kids.

2004.5 Silverado CCSB LLY
Sinister EGR delete,
S&B air box and up-sized S&B intake mouthpiece,
CAT converter delete,
ATP 5 stage tune - Edge CST w/ EGT and backup camera,
5" AFE Power full exhaust kit
Airlift 5000# bags w/ on-board remote compressor

Just a nice CLEAN stock truck for towing the toys to the playground with a back seat full of grandkids
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 07:19 PM

Garage
Congratulations to you, and good luck to your wife on the twins! From your first post picture I would say you should get some tow mirrors.

06 GMC 2500hd ccsb, slt trim, victory red, used mainly for towing 2018 Reflection 303rls fifth wheel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode