Help me please - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
06-07 LBZ & LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hook'em_Horns!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Help me please

I have an '06 LBZ, in the spring it threw a Glow plug code installed new ADC Delco Glow Plugs, light went out about a week later I get a Glow Plug Controller code. Replaced it still got code replaced it with a known good one nothing.
I drove it with CEL and Glow plug light on started having transmission issues long story short disconnected the GPC and the transmission is fine but I have no Glow Plugs and winter is coming.
We have shot all the wires as have 2 shops checked ground connections we are just stumped any input would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:11 AM

Garage
Just a thought. I put new GPs in my LB7 and i also replaced the controller. I still got the code. I went back to the glow plugs and i did get one of them tight enough. It was pretty tight. I was worried about over tightening them that wasnt the case. The lose one was hardly considered lose but it barely jiggled in its spot. Im thinking mine was the P0380 code if i recall. I hope its that easy for you. It took me about a week to find this. Good Luck

2004 Chevy 2500HD LT CCSB 4x4 213,XXX miles, Glow shift Pillar Gauges Pyrometer, Boost gauge, PPE boost valve, PPE High Idle switch, Merch Auto welded water pump, PPE coolant hoses, Mishimoto thermostats, 4"RCD LIFT, 35" TOYO A/T XtremeII, Bilstein 5100's, 4" Magna Flow Cat Back, MBRP CAI, Stage III trans, PPE Stage 3 Tie Rods, Sinister coolant filter kit, Powerstop Brake kit F&R, Firestone bags, Accuair on board compressor w/ 3 gallon tank. #whitetrucksmatter

1967 Camaro "Drive it like you stole it".
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:18 AM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
GP issues differ between the LB7 and the LBZ.

No signature, no location, no OP clues.....but it's got to get awfully cold for a Dmax to need GPs to start.
DMAXfirefighter likes this.

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 01:16 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'em_Horns! View Post
GP issues differ between the LB7 and the LBZ.

No signature, no location, no OP clues.....but it's got to get awfully cold for a Dmax to need GPs to start.
Ok, Thanks Hook'em I was just trying to help. I had no idea they were that different.

Thanks for the info

2004 Chevy 2500HD LT CCSB 4x4 213,XXX miles, Glow shift Pillar Gauges Pyrometer, Boost gauge, PPE boost valve, PPE High Idle switch, Merch Auto welded water pump, PPE coolant hoses, Mishimoto thermostats, 4"RCD LIFT, 35" TOYO A/T XtremeII, Bilstein 5100's, 4" Magna Flow Cat Back, MBRP CAI, Stage III trans, PPE Stage 3 Tie Rods, Sinister coolant filter kit, Powerstop Brake kit F&R, Firestone bags, Accuair on board compressor w/ 3 gallon tank. #whitetrucksmatter

1967 Camaro "Drive it like you stole it".
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Not as concerned about starting cold it blows some smoke but starts up just concerned that the CEL is on all the time not sure what it does on these trucks on our Rovers a CEL sets up a rich condition to "protect" itself

'06 LBZ Dually EFI Live, Banks Monster Exhaust, Airaid Cold air intake, FASS Fuel Pump/filter, small lift and 37s HD Steering, 1 piece Aluminum drive shaft
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode