How many miles are too many for a '07 LBZ? - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
06-07 LBZ & LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-03-2020, 06:33 PM

Pretty nice truck.

Whats the deal with the gooseneck hitch? Is the driver's seat ripped to shreds?

I mean its not the deal of the century but if its a clean original truck with a lot of easy miles, its not THAT bad... 14-15K would be a good price in my opinion...

2007 3500HD CCLB DRW 4WD classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-03-2020, 06:36 PM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
Quote:
Whats the deal with the gooseneck hitch?
The ball is just flipped over when not in use.

I noticed that too on the Driver's seat....no pic probably means it's toast.

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-04-2020, 09:41 AM

What I mean is, was the truck a hotshot rig (bad) or did the dudes wife pull her horse trailer once in a while (good) or was it a landscapers truck and towed around an excavator or bobcat every day (somewhere in the middle)

I've got the ol' B&W turnover ball in my truck too Its nice to have and as far as Im concerned its a "bonus" even if you dont plan to use it (you can get a 5th wheel hitch that mounts to it) BUT everyone sees it and immediately thinks heavy towing use. 20-25 years ago that was a big deal but at this point in time I dont know if heavy towing use is even a deal breaker anymore.... Especially on an aging truck that is going to need things done regardless...

Let us know if you buy the truck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'em_Horns! View Post
The ball is just flipped over when not in use.

I noticed that too on the Driver's seat....no pic probably means it's toast.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-04-2020, 09:58 AM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
You're not discussing finding a Honda Ridgeline with a GN hitch in the bed.

It's an HD....designed from the ground up as a tow rig. That's what it's built for.
Fearful that someone might of towed something with it....silly, IMO.

I'd be more concerned if they didn't tow with it, just random mall crawls it's whole life.
JimmyD, ALLY Cat and 1TRIKHD like this.

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-04-2020, 06:14 PM

I just bought mine a month ago. 162K miles for $20K..

2006 GMC LBZ 3500 Crew Cab 6.6L diesel. K&N Cold Air Intake.
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 06:58 PM

You're right. I'm not discussing a honda ridgeline with a gooseneck hitch.

We are however discussing paying a premium for a used truck. If the vehicles usage history is of no concern, well then you sir are an unusual buyer.

Quote:
You're not discussing finding a Honda Ridgeline with a GN hitch in the bed.

It's an HD....designed from the ground up as a tow rig. That's what it's built for.
Fearful that someone might of towed something with it....silly, IMO.

I'd be more concerned if they didn't tow with it, just random mall crawls it's whole life.

post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-06-2020, 12:55 AM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumbcut View Post
What I mean is, was the truck a hotshot rig (bad) or did the dudes wife pull her horse trailer once in a while (good) or was it a landscapers truck and towed around an excavator or bobcat every day (somewhere in the middle)
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumbcut View Post
You're right. I'm not discussing a honda ridgeline with a gooseneck hitch.

We are however discussing paying a premium for a used truck. If the vehicles usage history is of no concern, well then you sir are an unusual buyer.

Seriously?
It's a short bed with cute wheels....in SoCal.
1TRIKHD likes this.

post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-06-2020, 04:50 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

"Cute Wheels"

ROFLMAO

09 GMC SLT Dually
Steel Gray Metallic
All options except sunroof

Mods so far:

Alcoa 19.5s with Michelin XZE, Centramatics,Tow Mirrors, Chrome Grill Overlay, Rear underseat storage, Mudflaps all corners, 20% Window tint, 6" Oval Steps, B&W Turnover Hitch, B&W Companion Hitch, Sulastics, GM Campaign #PIT3009J, Wireless Console Charging, Bilstein 5100s, Raptor 3602RL
DF DRW Club Member #161
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-06-2020, 11:59 AM

Garage
Quote:

Seriously?
It's a short bed with cute wheels....in SoCal.
And a rear DVD player.
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-06-2020, 01:03 PM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanGarza View Post
Been looking at a '07 LBZ on Craigslist with 252k miles. Seller says he has maintenance records, Carfax reports and that the truck runs excellent. Truck looks like it's in very good shape. I want to buy it. Should I look for one with fewer miles though?
Its less about the number of miles and more about how the truck was used and maintained through out those miles. Odds are good if the truck was maintained well that it will be just fine, however the mileage should still be considered in the price of the truck. If the guys selling it at the price of a 10K mile truck, walk.

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.6L LML
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in