Starter inoperative-- 6 speed-- after a jump start - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
06-07 LBZ & LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to jc1843
Starter inoperative-- 6 speed-- after a jump start

GM has issued a TSB on the problem.

https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/tr...m-shorted.html

Chevy 04.5 LLY, 2X, shell, XDR, MikeL Heavy duty up-grade, 6spd, TransGo, deep pan, de-badged, 65 Gallon replacement Aero tank, LBZ-mp, Kennedy pump, shimmed, Pre-fuel filter, tow mirrors, BU cam, gauges, GPS, Sirius, bags, custom grille, fender vents, HD trans cooler- Curt front hitch, footwell lights, load lights, Studs, head gaskets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 02:47 PM
Coffee addict

Good to know! Thanks!

LBZ CCSB 4x4. deleted. re-routed. shimmed. EFI by Kory 4" MBRP downpipe-back w/Corsa muffler. Alligator trans cooler hoses. 3" Pro-Fab downpipe. Transgo Jr. Banks ram air intake. MA pump rub fix. Rare Parts tie rods. Fumoto Valve. AirDog 150. Nicktane CAT filter adapter. SoCal 3388AF. ProFab charge pipe & Y-bridge. Mahle +0.020 pistons. ARP head studs, main studs, flywheel. Rotating assembly balanced. Merchant Auto motor mounts. Curt class 5 hitch.

10/30/14- cracked piston
03/14/15-Back from the dead
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 12:53 PM

Do not ground welders,battery chargers,electrostatic painters or any other equipment to the heatsink.Disconnect the 80 way connector from the TCM when electrically welding etc. to the vehicle.

Who in the hell would ground to the TCM case?! Shouldn't be a TSB, should be a way to go Dumba$$.. pay for a new one!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 10:20 AM

Where is the TCM? I know where the computer (ECM?) is but well I guess I have not looked. I have been an LBZ owner for about 1.5 weeks now.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-12-2014, 10:56 PM

TCM is the module mounted to the back, driver side, upper half of the radiator shroud on the LBZ. ECM is just down from the battery on the driver side.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 07:27 PM

My friend had the same issue after hooking up cables backwards. It fried a internal circuit in the underwood fuse box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode