Popping Clunking Noise Under Feet - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
06-07 LBZ & LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 05:56 AM Thread Starter

Popping Clunking Noise Under Feet

OK so I have had this popping noise and a pop under my feet when driving over dips in the road and at low speeds or turning through a dip. I started researching my but off the last week or two and came up with a TSB on the issue and was wondering if anyone has a picture of the installed insulators they talk about. I found a picture on another forum but didnt have access since I wasnt a member.

The TSB is 06-08-61-003D. I found this bulletin with a C, D and an E at the end if that helps.

Here is a link to the other forum write up on it.
Body Mount Pop/clunk Tsb - 1999-2006 & 2007-2013 Chevrolet Silverado & GMC Sierra 1500 - GM-Trucks.com

“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
Benjamin Franklin

2006 CK3500 Crew Cab SRW Duramax/Allison
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 05:59 AM Thread Starter

OK feel like a dumb___. After posting this I tried a few more search phrases on the subject and came up with this PDF on it.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/he...p_or_Clunk.pdf

Benjamin Franklin

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

So now to my next question, am I better off changing all the body bushings or just buying the replacement from GM for 10 dollars a piece? I have called Prothane and they dont make one for our trucks in urethane so if Im not switching to urethane Im thinking I spend the 60 bucks on GMs fix.

Benjamin Franklin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 10:33 AM

Is that $10 a piece? There's 16 total, 8 tops and 8 bottoms, I just ordered the energy suspension urethanes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GMC 4.5 lly ext cab SLT
EFI live ATP,
4" magnaflow catback, magnaflow down pipe, pcv reroute,nicktane filter adapter, Fuel race valve,duramax tuner LBZ induction kit, BD High flow manifold,SDP full EGR delete w/ LB7 up pipe
Rareparts G2 tierods, rare parts pitman, ultimate idler arm, supersteer idler pivot, cognito UCAs leveled with 315/70/17's, Monomax shocks, energy suspension; body mounts, tranny mount and control arm bushings, and yes it rides like a brick
Cen Pe Co diesel max fuel additive,Cen Pe Co Para/syn oil
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 05:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwar410 View Post
Is that $10 a piece? There's 16 total, 8 tops and 8 bottoms, I just ordered the energy suspension urethanes.

I missquoted it was 6 dollars a piece for the 6 on the cap and they are just isolators of some kind that goes between the bushing and the mount. Is yours a 3/4 ton or 1 ton? When I go to the web pages they dont list any for the 1 ton and when I called them they say they dont make one for the diesel variants the one listed is for the gas motored trucks. At Prothane their engineer actually got on the phone and said he thought the Diesels were different because of the need for a height difference with the Allison.

Benjamin Franklin

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 01:34 PM

3/4 ton, but there shouldn't be any difference. Just ordered them from rock auto while I was getting my sending unit

GMC 4.5 lly ext cab SLT
EFI live ATP,
4" magnaflow catback, magnaflow down pipe, pcv reroute,nicktane filter adapter, Fuel race valve,duramax tuner LBZ induction kit, BD High flow manifold,SDP full EGR delete w/ LB7 up pipe
Rareparts G2 tierods, rare parts pitman, ultimate idler arm, supersteer idler pivot, cognito UCAs leveled with 315/70/17's, Monomax shocks, energy suspension; body mounts, tranny mount and control arm bushings, and yes it rides like a brick
Cen Pe Co diesel max fuel additive,Cen Pe Co Para/syn oil
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 06:17 AM Thread Starter

I dunno the bushing manufacturer said they dont make the for the Duramax Allison and the reason they gave is they seemed to think the bodies were slightly higher on these to accommodate the size of the Allison.

Benjamin Franklin

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 06:32 AM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
The HD platform is 2" higher (because of the Allison clearance) vs the 1500. But whether gas or not shouldn't be an issue, as the 8.1L (gasser) came with an Ally.

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Well if anyone is interested I thought I'd share what I found about the noise. Turns out there is a TSB out about after market running boards that mount to the body bushings. I took off the running boards and retorted tho mounts to 75 foot pounds and all the noises went away.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 04:15 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Bringing this one back. Been dealing with a nice pop noise from under the cab whenever I leave my driveway or make a turn. I've got the new style rear mounts, and have replaced the other 4 body mounts with a mix of dorman and new GM (ebay deals). Still making the noise... Tried the TSB fix first which helped solve it for a few months but it has since came back.. I'm going insane over this stupid noise, even 5" exhaust can't hide it!

2006 LBZ - Graystone Metallic, LT package w/ sunroof, EFI from DMAX Tuner, FASS 150, Beans sump, Edge CTS, Transgo Jr, PPE Cooler & T-Case Brace, PPE race valve & rail fitting, Magnaflow DP & 5" back w/ FTE Res, BD manifold, S&B Intake, Blocked, Plugged & Rerouted, Full Cognito Level w/ Boxed UCAs, Fox shocks, Kryptonite steering, 20x10 Kranks (-12), 295/55 AT2's, Remote Start, Tint, all on mod & LEDs throughout.
"If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is."
-Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode