Couple of issues - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
06-07 LBZ & LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 04:02 AM Thread Starter

Anyone else have an answer/opinion to this problem?

Could it be related to the transfer and output shaft of electrical??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 03:13 AM Thread Starter

Had some work done yesterday power steering pump and rear u-joint. Extremely surprised that the new u-joint made a huge difference as I can go at least 55mph as the service brake system/abs light warning did not come on.

Still no cruise or manual shift select and still seems to be shifting a little strange. This seems to be more of an electrical issue then anything else but I will know better today when I do some highway driving.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 04:03 AM Thread Starter

******UPDATE******

Hit the road yesterday and comfortably cruised at 70-75mph without any issues except the cruise and manual shift didn't work.

Stopped at my repair shop and cleared all the codes got back on the road and cruise and manual shift working again!

Conclusion: (as far as I can tell) Bad rear u-joint was vibrating enough to cause the output shaft to move enough to have the speed sensor act abnormal. The only thing I changed mechanically was the transfer case speed sensor and the u-joint.

Knock on wood she will be good for another 100k miles!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 05:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulf508 View Post
Brand new to the forum....tons of great info and I am hoping someone can help me out.

'06 2500hd with 401,000mi. Truck has been awesome to me and my family and just keeps on running...love this truck.

A few weeks ago at 40mph my speedo starts bouncing and "Service Brake System" lights up along with the ABS light. Lost cruise control and manual shift.

The speedo bouncing will continue know matter what speed, occasionally it will level out but only for a few seconds and then start to bounce again. This makes the tranny shift back and forth and will sometimes get stuck in 4th gear so I have to pull over, shut off the truck and let it reset. The shifting sequence seems to be more MPH based as well.

Stopped and checked the codes and got a bunch of them but I am guessing they are all related to this issue. The 2 codes that stood out are U0100 ground issue and P2723 Pressure Control Solenoid. I was hoping to see a code for one of the speed sensors!!

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated!

Paul
******UPDATE******

Hit the road yesterday and comfortably cruised at 70-75mph without any issues except the cruise and manual shift didn't work.

Stopped at my repair shop and cleared all the codes got back on the road and cruise and manual shift working again!

Conclusion: (as far as I can tell) Bad rear u-joint was vibrating enough to cause the output shaft to move enough to have the speed sensor act abnormal. The only thing I changed mechanically was the transfer case speed sensor and the u-joint.

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 05:39 AM
John Deere Parts guy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulf508 View Post
******UPDATE******

If the output of the t-case is moving that much, you probably need to check the rear bushing and the bearings in the case. Even with the rear u-joint vibrating, it shouldn't move the output shaft that much.

Name: Matt
ASE Certified, former GM Parts guy
John Deere Service Manager

Play Truck - 2002 LB7 2500HD Crew Cab Short Bed
Daily/Tow Rig - 2006 LLZ 2500HD Crew Cab Short Bed

SOLD - 2007 LBZ 2500HD Standard Cab Long Bed
SOLD - 2006 LBZ 2500HD Crew Cab Short Bed
SOLD - 2004 LLY 2500HD Crew Cab Long Bed
TRADED - 2002 2500HD Crew Cab Long Bed
SOLD - 2001 2500HD Ext. Cab Long Bed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode