LBZ New Front End - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
06-07 LBZ & LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

LBZ New Front End

hey guys,
just got down installing the dmaxstore stage 2 front end kit(tie rods, moog problem solver idler and pitman arm with PISK braces)on my 2006. is it common with the new pitman and idler arm to be really stiff? what i mean by this is with the truck on the lift(engine off) i could barely move the tires left to right by hand. Everything has been torqued and greased properly, and with the truck running there seems to be no additional strain on the steering pump, yet making slight left and right turns at lower speed, I feel the truck has no return to center. A Bilstein stabilizer was also installed.

i appreciate the insight fellas

2006 LBZ CCSB / 5" MBRP (w/muffler) / Pro-Fab Down Pipe / PCV Reroute / AutoMeter / Edge Insight CS / 16x8 Raceline Wheels / 265/75r16 KO2 BFG / Cognito UCA / Fox Monotube 2.0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 08:53 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
It will be tight, as it should be compared to what you replaced. Get it aligned!

2016 CCLB Dually LML

SOLD: 2007 CCSB LBZ.

69 Camaro S/ST-S/Gas
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 07:43 AM

Your front end shouldn’t be able to be moved a lot by hand. It’s why you replace things. Those vibrations you can do with your hand are magnified by a lot when going 60 mph towing 12,000 pounds. Try wiggling the front end of a new truck as a comparison.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krigsDmax89 View Post
Everything has been torqued and greased properly, and with the truck running there seems to be no additional strain on the steering pump, yet making slight left and right turns at lower speed, I feel the truck has no return to center. A Bilstein stabilizer was also installed.
Did you ever get this return to center issue resolved? I've rebuilt the front end on my 2006 GMC LBZ and am having the exact same problem. Almost no return to center on slight right and left turns. I've only put about 200 miles on the truck since the rebuild and I'm hoping it is just the new parts need to break in and things will loosen up a bit. Alignment has been done and all is within specs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode